Account suspended for premium charge avoidance

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
sweetybt

Out of pure interest what sort of weekly commission do people pay?

I average just about 20% due to an inrunning strike rate of about 40%.

I imagine some of you pre-race trades with super high strike rates have commision rates around 5-6% ??
hgodden

Do you mean the Total Charges % in the PC statement? If so mine for last week was 5.1%, I've heard people with as low as 3.5!
andyfuller

hgodden wrote:I've heard people with as low as 3.5!
Now you have heard of sub 3.0 :o

Last 3 weeks:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SpikeyBob

I don't currently pay PC, but I just looked at the PC portal and you realise you have had a bad week when you pay more in charges than you have actually made in the week.

Last weeks total charges = 143.52% :lol:
Euler

andyfuller wrote:

Last 3 weeks:
Is that the right hand side column or the left?
Iron

For someone who has yet to pay a Premium Charge, can you please clarify whether the lower the percentage figure is, the higher your earnings are?

Jeff
Euler wrote:
andyfuller wrote:

Last 3 weeks:
Is that the right hand side column or the left?
hgodden

It's on the right hand side

It's not so much an indication of earnings but more of consistency. Someone doing in play or more 'risky' swing trading styles will lose more races than someone with a very low % but may well make more money
andyfuller

Euler wrote:Is that the right hand side column or the left?
Do you mean Lifetime Profile or Last Week? If so Last Week. Lifetime Profile Total Charges is obviously much higher as that includes PC that has been paid.
hgodden

andyfuller wrote:
Euler wrote:Is that the right hand side column or the left?
Do you mean Lifetime Profile or Last Week? If so Last Week. Lifetime Profile Total Charges is obviously much higher as that includes PC that has been paid.
Maybe if you've been trading since the stone age like some people ;) with many years before the PC then that lifetime figure would be lower too
Euler

hgodden wrote:It's on the right hand side

It's not so much an indication of earnings but more of consistency. Someone doing in play or more 'risky' swing trading styles will lose more races than someone with a very low % but may well make more money
I just saw that figure and thought wow! Assuming it was the left hand side for some reason. Then realised of course there were two columns with the same header. Thought I was missing a trick for a moment.
andyfuller

Euler wrote:I just saw that figure and thought wow! Assuming it was the left hand side for some reason. Then realised of course there were two columns with the same header. Thought I was missing a trick for a moment.
I should have said it was the left one :lol:
Euler

I would have been on the phone pretty sharpish!

Mine was 2.29% last week, 2.05% the week before.

I've never paid much attention to it to be honest. Not sure this is the question sweety was asking?
andyfuller

That's an impressive % not been as low as 2.05% - that is some going - virtually no losses.
sweetybt

Euler wrote:I've never paid much attention to it to be honest. Not sure this is the question sweety was asking?
Yes that's the figure I was talking about. I have made an effort this year to try and increase my % charges to reduce the premium charge. I guess when you are below or around 3% it doesn't seem worth it, but by trying to increase volatility without impacting on profit I have been able to reduce my Premium charge by about 2k this year plus perhaps another 2k on the reduced commission I pay due to the increased discount rate I have.

It might be worth working out how much you could make by increasing your charges from about 3% to say 8%.

Finding a way to increase the commission is the tricky bit without impacting on your profit and your state of mind.

Better in your pocket than Betfairs though. :roll:
PeterLe

sweetybt wrote:Out of pure interest what sort of weekly commission do people pay?

I average just about 20% due to an inrunning strike rate of about 40%.

I imagine some of you pre-race trades with super high strike rates have commision rates around 5-6% ??
Hi SweetBt
Think you and I do a similar thing...my life time % is 20.09 over 18658 Markets..
Think that will come down over time as I am trying to do more manual trades now...
Regards
Peter

Return to “Betfair exchange”