Account suspended for premium charge avoidance

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
andyfuller

Euler wrote:I just saw that figure and thought wow! Assuming it was the left hand side for some reason. Then realised of course there were two columns with the same header. Thought I was missing a trick for a moment.
I should have said it was the left one :lol:
Euler

I would have been on the phone pretty sharpish!

Mine was 2.29% last week, 2.05% the week before.

I've never paid much attention to it to be honest. Not sure this is the question sweety was asking?
andyfuller

That's an impressive % not been as low as 2.05% - that is some going - virtually no losses.
sweetybt

Euler wrote:I've never paid much attention to it to be honest. Not sure this is the question sweety was asking?
Yes that's the figure I was talking about. I have made an effort this year to try and increase my % charges to reduce the premium charge. I guess when you are below or around 3% it doesn't seem worth it, but by trying to increase volatility without impacting on profit I have been able to reduce my Premium charge by about 2k this year plus perhaps another 2k on the reduced commission I pay due to the increased discount rate I have.

It might be worth working out how much you could make by increasing your charges from about 3% to say 8%.

Finding a way to increase the commission is the tricky bit without impacting on your profit and your state of mind.

Better in your pocket than Betfairs though. :roll:
PeterLe

sweetybt wrote:Out of pure interest what sort of weekly commission do people pay?

I average just about 20% due to an inrunning strike rate of about 40%.

I imagine some of you pre-race trades with super high strike rates have commision rates around 5-6% ??
Hi SweetBt
Think you and I do a similar thing...my life time % is 20.09 over 18658 Markets..
Think that will come down over time as I am trying to do more manual trades now...
Regards
Peter
sweetybt

PeterLe wrote:
sweetybt wrote:Out of pure interest what sort of weekly commission do people pay?

I average just about 20% due to an inrunning strike rate of about 40%.

I imagine some of you pre-race trades with super high strike rates have commision rates around 5-6% ??
Hi SweetBt
Think you and I do a similar thing...my life time % is 20.09 over 18658 Markets..
Think that will come down over time as I am trying to do more manual trades now...
Regards
Peter
The life time % includes the PC you pay though, or do you mean excluding PC?

I see my life time markets are 87,369. Anyone beat that?
andyfuller

hgodden wrote:
andyfuller wrote:
Euler wrote:Is that the right hand side column or the left?
Do you mean Lifetime Profile or Last Week? If so Last Week. Lifetime Profile Total Charges is obviously much higher as that includes PC that has been paid.
Maybe if you've been trading since the stone age like some people ;) with many years before the PC then that lifetime figure would be lower too
As I understand it when they introduced Lifetime Profiles they back dated the PC to include PC you would have paid in the past so it won't be much below the magic 20% mark as all that will be missing is the 'Last Week' calculation.
michael.reid1

Last edited by michael.reid1 on Mon May 09, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeTiss

I'm surprised to hear of another one

I assumed there had been crossed wires before, but clearly not

What happened then Michael for them to think you were avoiding PC?
michael.reid1

Last edited by michael.reid1 on Mon May 09, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freddy

This happend to a friend of mine about a year ago,
They suspended his account for about 2-3 weeks while they carried out an investigation into it :? ,

They did reopend his account again after,

He got the impression they were just making a point rather than actually wanting to ban him.

He was defo trying to avoid the P.C then,
but no longer attempts too,
so i guess the little scare they gave him worked :lol: .
PeterLe

Removed
Mike
Might be a good idea to remove this post a I wouldn't put it past betfair to read this forum esp as it has your full name as your user name!)

Think you can pull your post?
Regards
Peter
Last edited by PeterLe on Mon May 09, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michael.reid1

PeterLe wrote: Mike
Might be a good idea to remove this post a I wouldn't put it past betfair to read this forum esp as it has your full name as your user name!)

Think you can pull your post?
Regards
Peter
Good point, removed.

I've been about a few countries and had accounts in a few currencies so when the time came that my first one got done it seemed so easy just to use one of the other ones. Anyway if they don't nick my balance I'll take the hint.
michael.reid1

oh and another problem is they have closed about 5 accounts altogether and some of them have a couple of open antepost bets in them (one of which is now 1/12 from 7/2, the other is Barcelona in the CL). Not sure if there is going to be a clean solution.
Iron

Michael

Have a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3894

At least if Betfair give you their usual T&C's guff, you've got some law to quote back at them.

If you threaten to take them to the Small Claims Court, I suspect they'll settle out of court, to avoid the negative publicity and the risk of setting a precedent...

Jeff
michael.reid1 wrote:Not sure if there is going to be a clean solution.

Return to “Betfair exchange”