Account suspended for premium charge avoidance

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Euler

Phoned, email and called everybody I know at Betfair and not a sausage in response.
Iron

It's almost like you're being stonewalled...

Jeff
Euler wrote:Phoned, email and called everybody I know at Betfair and not a sausage in response.
spreadbetting

Are the aqccounts funded Peter? Possible they've suspended them because they're assuming they're just being used for data collection purposes. I saw on the geeks toy forum someones account was suspended whilst they were only paper trading using the training modes
Zenyatta

Don't want to touch this one with a 10-foot barge pole, but if I had to guess it could be related to some of the statements made on the BetAngel blog. The lesson here for other folks is probably this: never publicly discuss your strategies. Remember what Andy said in another thread: 'Betfair will be trying hard to find out' (what you are all up to).
steven1976

Betfair will have the data to see what everyone is up to if they wish to do so I would imagine. Id put it more down to child mentality, that if peter has pulled out a few hundred k out of his account and reduced liquidity in markets they want to have the last word.
Euler

I can't believe they are anal enough to read a blog post and get upset, don't believe they would do that. I think they have made a mistake. I paid the 60%+ last week on what activity I did on my account, so how is that avoiding it?
Iron

Hi Zenyatta

Given that Peter has been doing things 100% by the book, it's hard to see what legitimate reason Betfair might have to close his accounts.

If it's simply the case (as I suspect) that someone at Betfair thought 'This guy's success is hurting our own profits', then that doesn't bode well for anyone else aspiring to trade professionally on Betfair...

Jeff
Euler

steven1976 wrote:Betfair will have the data to see what everyone is up to if they wish to do so I would imagine. Id put it more down to child mentality, that if peter has pulled out a few hundred k out of his account and reduced liquidity in markets they want to have the last word.
I am so glad I pulled virtually all my funds out of my account. I left a little in their for testing and playing around.
Iron

Euler wrote: I am so glad I pulled virtually all my funds out of my account. I left a little in their for testing and playing around.
Do you think the fact that you pulled so much money out of your accounts might have lead Betfair to believe that you were avoiding the Premium Charge?

Jeff
sweetybt

sorry to hear this Peter.

Sounds like it is not a mistake.
spreadbetting

Zenyatta wrote:Don't want to touch this one with a 10-foot barge pole, but if I had to guess it could be related to some of the statements made on the BetAngel blog. The lesson here for other folks is probably this: never publicly discuss your strategies. Remember what Andy said in another thread: 'Betfair will be trying hard to find out' (what you are all up to).
I guess they've got pretty much a bunker mentality at the moment, They'll be more than happy to take their ball back if they consider you're not playing by their rules.
Nero Tulip

Withdrawal of funds is likely one of the variables their automated PC avoidance bot looks at.

It's not enough to simply be told 'sorry, it was a mistake' in this instance. You need to dig deeper into why this has happened Peter.
Euler

I can clearly state that I have done nothing that breaches any of their terms and conditions. Nothing.
gutuami

Euler wrote:I can clearly state that I have done nothing that breaches any of their terms and conditions. Nothing.
you are successful that's the breach :o
if you were blocked by a bf bot than you might get back online. But if a person blocked you than getting back will be harder IMHO
andyfuller

Only thing I can think of is this from your blog:

Euler wrote:Got back to my desk to see Betfair had deducted the super premium charge. I experimented last week to see if value seeking, straight betting and/or arbing may help offset some of the charge. I just messed around with small stakes to experiment.Got back to my desk to see Betfair had deducted the super premium charge. I experimented last week to see if value seeking, straight betting and/or arbing may help offset some of the charge. I just messed around with small stakes to experiment.

http://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/2011/08 ... dapproach/

For offset has Betfair read avoid :?:

Return to “Betfair exchange”