Betfair market ops errors

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Duderino

I had a closure back bet on Easy Game which I watched get matched in play leaving me with a small green on this market.... about £15 up on the trading session.

I then traded the next race (Brighton 1630) before noticing, the next race after that, my account had gone down by my usual trading stake liability of £200.

Given that I started today with £300 I could not have traded the Brighton 1630 with less than £200 in my account...

What can I do ?
jamesedwards

Duderino wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:53 pm
I had a closure back bet on Easy Game which I watched get matched in play leaving me with a small green on this market.... about £15 up on the trading session.

I then traded the next race (Brighton 1630) before noticing, the next race after that, my account had gone down by my usual trading stake liability of £200.

Given that I started today with £300 I could not have traded the Brighton 1630 with less than £200 in my account...

What can I do ?
Most likely Betfair will have voided all bets matched from the official off-time onwards. That's what they normally do in this situation. You can see your voided bets in your betting history page https://myaccount.betfair.com/activity/bettinghistory Select voided - closed markets from the 'bet status' drop-down menu.
Duderino

Well I complained to CS and they offered me £10 - I declined and they quickly went to £50 which I declined too.

I've had situations where the exchange has broken mid-race leaving me with unmatched bets which I accept (sort of) as a risk every time you trade - what I find difficult is when trades are matched, and after the event voided...
jamesedwards

Duderino wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:06 am
Well I complained to CS and they offered me £10 - I declined and they quickly went to £50 which I declined too.

I've had situations where the exchange has broken mid-race leaving me with unmatched bets which I accept (sort of) as a risk every time you trade - what I find difficult is when trades are matched, and after the event voided...
It's quite common for bets to be subsequently voided when there is mismanagement of an in-play market. Rarer in UK racing, but in smaller markets like US racing there's probably several every month on average.

You've done well to get the £50 offer. Let us know how you get on.
Duderino

I had round 2 with Betfair CS and then their complaints team - they immediately offered £60 as a 'final' offer - this went to £100 and then I concluded negotiations at £150, which felt like a win... guess I'll never know!
Euler

Duderino wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:10 am
I had round 2 with Betfair CS and then their complaints team - they immediately offered £60 as a 'final' offer - this went to £100 and then I concluded negotiations at £150, which felt like a win... guess I'll never know!
Well done!
Kai

Hopefully they've settled these by now

Euler

That's funny
bobalski

The 2:50 at Chester just stayed in-play for about 20 odd seconds after the finish. It was a very close finish, but they still managed to match about 80K (Au$) on the fast finishing winner at odds between 1.20 and 1.01. The second horse was earlier matched at 1.01...
jamesedwards

bobalski wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:03 pm
The 2:50 at Chester just stayed in-play for about 20 odd seconds after the finish. It was a very close finish, but they still managed to match about 80K (Au$) on the fast finishing winner at odds between 1.20 and 1.01. The second horse was earlier matched at 1.01...
The market was reopened at the end of the race for the photo finish. Normal practice for a close finish.
bobalski

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:06 pm

The market was reopened at the end of the race for the photo finish. Normal practice for a close finish.
My bad. Not familiar with UK racing.

Can guarantee that doesn't happen in Aust.
jamesedwards

bobalski wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:11 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:06 pm

My bad. Not familiar with UK racing.

Can guarantee that doesn't happen in Aust.
I don't understand why they don't open up all horse races for a set period after the end of the race. Plenty of people want to bet on close finishes, possibility of stewards enquiries etc. Would be free incremental commission for Betfair.
ikky

No silks Chantilly, website or BA

Maybe they dont provide on foreign racing.
ODPaul82

Rus & Kostyk matches not turned in-play and at least 5 minutes played in both of them.
rus kostyk.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ODPaul82

And now suspended both of them, could see people actively trading them so hope other peoples fingers don't get too burnt.

Return to “Betfair exchange”