Betdaq have great offers on commission

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
stueytrader

Yet, why do they lag so far behind Betfair when it comes to their markets?

Like trading in treacle trying to get anything much moving on Betdaq especially during the week.

But, they do have great 0% offers in so many markets, you'd think might pull some trade in?
MobiusGrey

Yep, although depends what you're trying to do. I bet exclusively with BD but I dutch horse races up to 60s before the off and don't rely on liquidity or volatility pre race. For dutching using BA it's great! Although unfortunately I do pay commission regardless of offers and also pay slightly more than the norm but it's cheaper than PC
jamesedwards

MobiusGrey wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:31 pm
Yep, although depends what you're trying to do. I bet exclusively with BD but I dutch horse races up to 60s before the off and don't rely on liquidity or volatility pre race. For dutching using BA it's great! Although unfortunately I do pay commission regardless of offers and also pay slightly more than the norm but it's cheaper than PC
I wonder how much of Betfair's liquidity comes from traders/punters and how much from partnership liquidity providers?
ANGELS15

MobiusGrey wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:31 pm
How do you find the experience with Betdaq? I find their app is clunky and slow. Never really used the desktop site much as I tend to be out and about a lot. I was also curious as to how well/smoothly bet angel automation worked on their site.
MobiusGrey

How do you find the experience with Betdaq? I find their app is clunky and slow. Never really used the desktop site much as I tend to be out and about a lot. I was also curious as to how well/smoothly bet angel automation worked on their site.
Oh the app is undoubtably a horrific experience as is much of their desktop platform. I only use the desktop version for deposting and withdrawing and keeping a general eye on P&L although I do much of that in excel anyway.

Bet Angel works perfectly for my needs, I can't say if you could effectively scalp or pre-race trade using it, it has the occasional moments of freezing which would be annoying in the middle of a scalp and I think the fastest refresh rate is 200ms which if you're using it for Bots and high speed I don't think is quick enough compared to Betfair.

I only use the Dutching feature and for loading the markets into Guardian each day and I've never had any issues at all. In fact I'd say it has less outages than Betfair do. The BA dutching tool really is a great piece of work and it plays very nicely with BD.
stueytrader

MobiusGrey wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:26 pm

Oh the app is undoubtably a horrific experience as is much of their desktop platform. I only use the desktop version for deposting and withdrawing and keeping a general eye on P&L
Have to admit their website is potentially one of their problems for trade. It is not a good website. Amazing that they haven't got a proper development done for the exchange, as they pump in the 0% commission offers to try and grab trade. Even smarkets have a better interface.
Naffman

stueytrader wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:23 pm
MobiusGrey wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:26 pm

Oh the app is undoubtably a horrific experience as is much of their desktop platform. I only use the desktop version for deposting and withdrawing and keeping a general eye on P&L
Have to admit their website is potentially one of their problems for trade. It is not a good website. Amazing that they haven't got a proper development done for the exchange, as they pump in the 0% commission offers to try and grab trade. Even smarkets have a better interface.
I agree, Betdaq's website is truly dreadful but it's not to be outdone by it's Android app where if you do manage to get logged in it'll take you 5 minutes to find the market you want.
ANGELS15

Thanks for the replies to my enquiry on the Betdaq interface. I wondered if it was just me. I set up my Bet Angel trading automation on Betfair which runs quite smoothly. When I'm out and about I sometimes use the Betdaq app for back to lay bets. It's light years behind other betting apps in terms of speed and smoothness.

Also as has been said it takes ages to get to the market you want. Frankly on many occasions it's been quicker and easier to log into Betfair's app to place bets. This is annoying as I would rather not use Betfair for straight betting, just trading.

Another thing I've noticed about the app is that unlike any other betting app, if you leave it to do something else on your phone and come back to it, it's lost the internet connection and you have to wait around 30 seconds or so for it to re-connect. You then have to do many clicks with spinning circles trying to get to where you want to go. In the meantime the race is off.

What's shocking is when you consider that Betdaq have been going almost as long as Betfair and in all that time since exchange apps were developed they still can't design a decent app. A GCSE school student studying computer courses could probably do a better job.

FFS they are supposedly the next in line to Betfair in terms of market share and liquidity etc.

No excuses and must try much harder.
Euler

Betdaq (and Betfair to some extent) have suffered from being a small cog in a bigger machine. If both or either broke out from those shackles I'm sure you would see a transformation in how they are presented.

I use Betdaq a lot and while the returns are lower than Betfair relatively speaking I earn more for my buck because of Premium charge.

Zero commission is a great way to churn some money through Betdaq, it helps them and you also pay lower PC as a result.
JasBarrow

Speaking of commision if you guys were starting out again which rate would you choose? I'm a few grand down on my lifetime profit/loss but have paid quite a bit of commision to Betfair over the years (circa 10k) so i'd have to make 50k profit before being eligible for premium charge. Probably unlikely but if i became a profitable trader tomorrow would it be best to be on the 2,5 or 8% rate? (Providing I was also churning a lot of commision of course)

Return to “Betdaq exchange”