New Bet Angel Betdaq version?

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
banana_man

I got a popup message today saying the current version of Bet Angel Betdaq will expire expire in 7 days and I should upgrade to the new one. But on the website the version available is still 1.28.2 which I already have. Is there a new version coming?
Step93

banana_man wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:06 am
I got a popup message today saying the current version of Bet Angel Betdaq will expire expire in 7 days and I should upgrade to the new one. But on the website the version available is still 1.28.2 which I already have. Is there a new version coming?
I can confirm that
sulaco63

I had exactly the same this morning with BetAngel (BETDAQ) . Same expiry warning message but the same version of BetAngel (BETDAQ) available to download. When will a newer version of BetAngel (BETDAQ) be appearing?
Dallas

There isn't a new version coming but each version when created is given an expiry date which is what the message is you are seeing, Dev will upload another version to the website in the next few days, when they do they will post a message on here or you can just re-download it later in the week and that will get rid of the pop up message you are getting
Dallas

Just to let people know the new version has now been added to our website, as previously stated there are no new features but it will stop the pop-up message appearing till around this time next year
https://www.betangel.com/download/?prod ... ngelBetdaq
sulaco63

So I downloaded the new version and now constantly get the program quarantined by my McAfee AV software despite restoring the file several times. Threats Detected: Real Protect-LS!7697f2b98590

Can someone look into this please?
Dallas

sulaco63 wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:39 am
So I downloaded the new version and now constantly get the program quarantined by my McAfee AV software despite restoring the file several times. Threats Detected: Real Protect-LS!7697f2b98590

Can someone look into this please?
McAfee is a nightmare for that, because its a brand new download they give it a false positive and block it, you should be able to open McAfee and un-quarantine the item and manually declare that you are happy to use the software.

Failing that you could disable your AV while your download and install it then enable it again, you may then still need to tell McAfee its safe to use but that might be easier than un-quarantining
FrankArch

The program appears to have downloaded the betdaq Bet Angel but when launching McAfee stops it saying there is a virus detected! I am happy to assume that the software is safe but cant seem to find a way of telling it that the software is safe. A little research seems to indicate that I cannot do this myself, please see below:

Re: How to tell McAfee to trust a program?
Moved the topic to VirusScan 13. You can only tell the SecurityCenter to ignore something that is identified as a PUP (Possibly Unwanted Program) but not as a trojan, worm or virus unfortunately. We have asked repeatedly to have this feature reintroduced and thus far have not succeeded in convincing the powers that be.

Here's a sticky on what to do when something is wrongly detected: http://community.mcafee.com/message/6645#6645

Can anyone advise further please?
Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:02 pm
The program appears to have downloaded the betdaq Bet Angel but when launching McAfee stops it saying there is a virus detected! I am happy to assume that the software is safe but cant seem to find a way of telling it that the software is safe. A little research seems to indicate that I cannot do this myself, please see below:

Re: How to tell McAfee to trust a program?
Moved the topic to VirusScan 13. You can only tell the SecurityCenter to ignore something that is identified as a PUP (Possibly Unwanted Program) but not as a trojan, worm or virus unfortunately. We have asked repeatedly to have this feature reintroduced and thus far have not succeeded in convincing the powers that be.

Here's a sticky on what to do when something is wrongly detected: http://community.mcafee.com/message/6645#6645

Can anyone advise further please?
All versions of Bet Angel get fully virus checked before being uploaded to the website so they are 100% safe

Some AV like McAfee and Bull Guard are notorious for throwing up false positives when the software is new and hasn't been downloaded that many times it automatically warns users its potentially harmful.
Once its been downloaded by enough people they eventually learn that its safe and no longer try block people - until another new version is released.

I don't use McAfee myself so can't tell you were to click, but there is definitely ways of telling it when a product is safe to download and install
FrankArch

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for the reply but as per my post there is no way to tell McAfee to ignore what it thinks is a virus. There is however a link for a software developer/owner to notify McAfee of the sofware.
Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:50 pm
Hi Dallas,

Thanks for the reply but as per my post there is no way to tell McAfee to ignore what it thinks is a virus. There is however a link for a software developer/owner to notify McAfee of the sofware.
They do get notified but it can still take a few weeks for them to update the certificate etc.

But there is definitely a way to tell them (and all other AV) that a program or site is safe to use, loads of people need to do it at least twice a year whenever a new version of Bet Angel Pro is released, (see the attached images from a few years ago)
McAfee 1.png
McAfee 2.png

If you just search something like 'how to tell mcafee to trust a file', you'll get plenty of pages setting out the steps in more detail
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FrankArch

Thanks for reply Dallas, all sorted now thankyou.

For reference the quarantine section only seemed to give me the file back but then still said it was a virus when I launched the software. However the real time scanning option appears to have cured it.

Many thanks again for your time.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”