Commission effect and comparison

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
stueytrader

Just to mention:

Even going 0% (tax free, old days ay) first race at Cheltenham today....
jimibt

how have you been finding the liquidity for the bigger positions on a day to day basis?
stueytrader

It's not great earlier doors must admit, but closer been getting matched ok - I'm not exactly one of the biggest stakers around, lol, so wouldn't want to answer for those that want 1000's on every time, though it picks up nicely close to the off for certain.
jimibt

stueytrader wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:43 am
It's not great earlier doors must admit, but closer been getting matched ok - I'm not exactly one of the biggest stakers around, lol, so wouldn't want to answer for those that want 1000's on every time, though it picks up nicely close to the off for certain.
I'm not a huge fan of stats based strats, however, i do have one that places a small number of bets daily that might benefit from a lower commission rate. these bets are placed with no offset (i.e. the stats are gunning for a binary outcome). I'm imagining that on BetDAQ, you'd have little issue, closer to the time, in getting matched on stakes of £200-300 on better quality races?
stueytrader

jimibt wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:50 am
stueytrader wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of stats based strats, however, i do have one that places a small number of bets daily that might benefit from a lower commission rate. these bets are placed with no offset (i.e. the stats are gunning for a binary outcome). I'm imagining that on BetDAQ, you'd have little issue, closer to the time, in getting matched on stakes of £200-300 on better quality races?
Oh certainly nearer the off getting a few hundred on in better races is no problem I'd say.
jimibt

stueytrader wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:57 am
jimibt wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:50 am
stueytrader wrote:
Oh certainly nearer the off getting a few hundred on in better races is no problem I'd say.
that's good news and something to bear in mind...
stueytrader

Cheltenham a classic example of exactly my question re punters (and poss traders too).

Battleoverdoyen first race 1.30 - available at 5.7 on BF but already available to back on Betdaq at 5.8

The BF price is taxed at commission rate (plus whatever else), the Daq price is available currently at 0% commission.

But it sits there for some time on Daq, while people try to get on at BF..... :?

Return to “Betdaq exchange”