Transferring a Successful Automated Strategy to Betdaq

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
gta2003

Hi Folks

I have spent some time testing, developing and implementing a strategy that is profitable using £2 bets on Betfair. After around 1000 bets (bets, not trades), I have a fairly modest profit, based on having been charged around 5% commission.

However, it has just dawned on me that it may be possible to carry out the same strategy on Betdaq - if this is the case, I would be in considerably more profit after being charged only 2% commission! It really has opened my eyes to the affect of these small deductions on your edge over time and after so many bets. I am sure there are many of you being charged much more than 5% comm.

So, I'd thought I'd check out the Betdaq forum (I am an avid follower of Betangel's Betfair related forums) and it seems like it is barely used....

I guess I'm really hoping to get some people's thoughts and any stories of people's successes/failures of their attempts to transfer successful automated strategies on Betfair over to Betdaq? Any comments welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks

Matt
ANGELS15

Good luck with the strategy. The only things I would say is liquidity is shite on Betdaq, although admittedly you're only planning on using small stakes. Your profits may not be quite what you expect as often Betdaq odds are a tick or so lower than their Betfair equivalent.
gta2003

ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:11 pm
Good luck with the strategy. The only things I would say is liquidity is shite on Betdaq, although admittedly you're only planning on using small stakes. Your profits may not be quite what you expect as often Betdaq odds are a tick or so lower than their Betfair equivalent.
Hi AngelS, thanks for your response.

I'd imagine that only getting matched at a tick or so lower on occasions could counteract any advantage on paying lower commission potentially then.

Worth bearing in mind, thank you.

Matt
ANGELS15

gta2003 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:26 am
ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:11 pm
Hi AngelS, thanks for your response.

I'd imagine that only getting matched at a tick or so lower on occasions could counteract any advantage on paying lower commission potentially then.

Worth bearing in mind, thank you.

Matt
You're very welcome.

I've used Betdaq more or less from when it first started. liquidity was poor at the outset and although has improved over time still leaves much to be desired. I have dutching and betting strategies which I employ with small stakes due to the fact that I may target several races in a day. I find that I struggle at times to get a £2 bet matched in certain races, dogs for example due to poor liquidity.

Another thing is from time to time I use their mobile app as I tend to be away from home with automation set up but doing manual trading watching SIS at the bookies. In the past the app wasn't too bad I would have rated it 5/10. In the last year the app (android) has deteriorated markedly. It's absolutely diabolical rating 1/10?.

It can take several attempts to log in, pages freeze. Some pages won't open. Sometimes the only way to move between pages is to close all pages on your phone or crash out of the app and try logging in again if it will let you. I've spoken with Betdaq and the app has poor reviews in the android store but nothing seems to be happening to improve it.

Overall a very poor and disappointing experience from a service which is supposed to be or at the very least was the next best thing to Betfair.
Black Ice

ANGEL 15 wrote: Your profits may not be quite what you expect as often Betdaq odds are a tick or so lower than their Betfair equivalent.
Agreed..I'd say more like 2 ticks lower.
gta2003

Thanks for your thoughts all.

I think Betdaq is definitely worth bearing in mind - maybe not for my current strategy though.

All the best

Matt
ANGELS15

Black Ice wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:31 am
ANGEL 15 wrote: Your profits may not be quite what you expect as often Betdaq odds are a tick or so lower than their Betfair equivalent.
Agreed..I'd say more like 2 ticks lower.
Yes thats actually quite right. Also the gap between the current lay/back prices is bigger than on Betfair, mind you some may see that as an opportunity to fill those gaps.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”