Bet Angel for Betdaq 1.28.3 installation

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Radio Rod

Hi guys

Not sure if this is for support, perhaps you can point me in the right direction.

I've been using 1.28.2 and when I started up the program today it told me to install the new version 1.28.3. I've uninstalled the old version and downloaded the new version however my virus protection will not let me run the program, it says that virus LS!7697f2b98590 has been detected and quarantined. I've checked the Betangel folder and the .exe file has been removed. Please can you shed some light to get me going again.

Thanks
Rod
Radio Rod

Solved it.

I don't believe it's an actual virus but an interpretation issue between the program coding and the virus checker. I have added the .exe file to the excluded list on the virus checker and Bet Angel is now working. Hope this helps others that may see the same issue.

Rod
Dallas

All versions of Bet Angel are fully virus checked before being published

What your seeing is what's known as a false positive which some Anti-Viruses may throw up (McAfee and Bullguard are two of the worse offenders for it), this is just because its a newly released download and they don't yet know its automatically safe.
If it warning coming from Windows you just need to click 'More Info' in the bottom corner then 'Run Anyway'
Radio Rod

Thanks for the explanation Dallas, it had me going for a while!

What has changed between 1.28.2 and 1.28.3?

Rod
Dallas

Radio Rod wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:03 pm
Thanks for the explanation Dallas, it had me going for a while!

What has changed between 1.28.2 and 1.28.3?

Rod
There's no change to any options or features, its just the expiry date has been extended for another year
Radio Rod

OK. Thanks again.

Rod
LeTiss

I downloaded BA for Betdaq this morning 1.28.3

It downloaded fine, but when I went to open it, McAfee blocked it and deleted the whole program from my computer, saying it contained a virus
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:53 am
I downloaded BA for Betdaq this morning 1.28.3

It downloaded fine, but when I went to open it, McAfee blocked it and deleted the whole program from my computer, saying it contained a virus
McAfee are notorious for throwing up false positives all the time, each version of BA is of course fully virus checked before being uploaded and get reported to McAfee for review but that usually takes many weeks with them.

For now if you use McAfee you'll need to follow the steps
1) From the menu select 'Quarantined items'
2) Select BetAngel.exe and press 'Restore'
3) From the menu choose Real-Time Scanning
4) Click 'Add File' and add C:\Program Files (x86)\Bet Angel Limited\Bet Angel - Trader\BetAngel.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bet Angel Limited\Bet Angel (BETDAQ)\BetAngelBetdaq
LeTiss

Dallas, you are a genius at the best of times, but today you have exceeded yourself
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 11:24 am
Dallas, you are a genius at the best of times, but today you have exceeded yourself
I can't take any of the credit for steps detailed above, it was BA Dev who put those together I just copy and pasted them from another topic

Return to “Betdaq exchange”