Betdaq exiting Australia

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Euler

Isn't it more about introducing viable competition into the market though? I get the feeling people are so peed off with the way Betfair have treated them, it doesn't matter how they get a bloody nose, just as long as they get one.
freddy

The original exchange model was brilliant and changed the gambling world forever and i for one am very grateful :) .

Betfair made a ton of money from it ,
but inevitably i suppose weren't satisfied
and moved away from the original concept by becoming a bookie and taxing / driving the winners that were once welcome away.

imo it’s unlikely that Ladbrokes would go the other way and do this in reverse.
I don’t know which approach they will take, but when all is said and done im pretty sure we will just end up having two very similarly run exchanges.

Neither company is going to allow us to make money without restriction whether that be by high commision or by closing winning accounts.

What we really need is an exchange that is happy to be an exchange and get rich just by taking 5% commission.

In time, im sure, when people have learn't from others mistakes we will have one, but it looks a long long way away at the moment :( .

However having said that i suppose this may be the first step to getting this, Betfair will be worried no doubt, so i guess we may start to see some incentives coming to stay with betfair.
Last edited by freddy on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha322

freddy wrote:What we really need is an exchange that is happy to be an exchange and get rich just by taking 5% commission.
I was under the impression this is what they were about then again a selling point to get custom
Shamrock

More fuel for the Ladbrokes theory. This is the pop up that happens if you try to open a Ladbrokes account from Australia.

Ladbrokes does not currently accept bets from Australia. For further information please email [email protected]

No Ladbrokes and now no Betdaq.
Euler

Just got a message from Italy that Betdaq accounts are being closed in Italy as well.
foxwood

Email received from Betdaq earlier today - exchange moving offshore to Alderney on Monday as well which takes them out of UK oversight !
As set out in our current terms and conditions the BETDAQ exchange services comprising the betting exchange, multiples and 1Bet are made available to you by Global Betting Exchange, an Irish company, licensed by the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC), while the games products are made available by Global Betting Exchange Alderney Limited (GBEA Ltd), licensed by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC).

We are writing to inform you that as of December 3rd all of the services provided on the BETDAQ website will be made available by GBEA Ltd and will be entirely governed by the AGCC. Here is a link to their website. We are making this change as part of an exercise to bring all the websites, products and services we provide under a single structure.
freddy

Alpha322 wrote:
freddy wrote:What we really need is an exchange that is happy to be an exchange and get rich just by taking 5% commission.
I was under the impression this is what they were about then again a selling point to get custom
It is currently and im sure it will stay the same for a while even if Ladbrokes do take over.

But in the long term it's doubtful imo,
Ladbrokes will no doubt bring liquidity, which is what people want,
but at what cost to a true and fair p2p exchange :?
giulio2010

Betfair is always one step ahead. Betfair decided to became bookmakers long time before Ladbrokes decided to became an exchange...
As for Italian users, I have not heard anything yet. I can say though that last year Betdaq have signed a deal with an italian online gaming giant to provide a better tool in near future in the italian territory...
Since then I haven't heard anything about it...
P.S.If you guys are interested I have some news regarding betfair.italy
REPUBBLICA ITALIANA: consiglio di stato (30 days ago)
If a few months ago, we had confirmed the news on the future of international liquidity, Betfair Italy, today there comes the news of the approval of the Decree of the Monopoly Betting Trading in Italy by the Council of State.
There is the final approval, to start trading on sports betting in Italy legally but we still have to wait for the latest fixes.

One thing is certain: Betfair will be the first "bookmaker" to introduce the 'exchange in Italy.

Most will have noticed a change in the design of betfair.it for "closer" to the international platform.

The next steps for the 'arrival' of back and lay betfair in Italy are the signature of the Minister of 'Economics and at the Court of Auditors.
Predicted dates: December 2012, March 2013
That also mean that we will be able to dispute some of the betfair decisions like the 60% premium charges without the need to dispute it with the gibralta authorities...
The state of Italy will defentely apply taxes over net winner between 9% up to 25% so they may not agree with betfair about the premium charges....
CaerMyrddin

No news from Betdaq in Portugal as well.

I think we would all love to see a new exchange arrive, but imho it will not happen.
Euler

News from Holland this evening that the same email has gone out there. So I make it Austrailia, Holland and Italy definately confirmed today.
laserasel

We regret to inform you that we are to cease offering betting and gaming services in Poland as of Fri Nov 30th.
This means that unfortunately all our products across all platforms will no longer be available to customers located in Poland from 30th November and we are stopping acquiring new Polish customers with immediate effect. We will therefore be switching off live creative promoting our products in the next 48-hours and would like to ask you to do the same for any live or embedded links back to BETDAQ.
george

You are receiving this email because your BETDAQ account is registered from a country in which BETDAQ has taken the decision to withdraw service. Unfortunately this means that you will no longer be able to access or use the BETDAQ website

Greece confirmed as well
CaerMyrddin

Got the 'different provider' email!

Return to “Betdaq exchange”