Switching problem with BA for Betdaq Guardian

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
foxwood

I have been running some automated Excel strategies that were dipping into each market about a minute before the off. This has been working fine for several weeks.

Today, I added some changes to do some stuff in running right up to the finish line.

The in-running sheets ran fine as expected but only the first 2 races called the pre-off sheets. I think that is down to the settings used and the race timings. Today was 12:00, 12:20 and thereafter at 10 minute intervals from 12:30 on, all of which were missed pre-off but did work in-running.

Guardian settings used:
1) Refresh interval = 500 msec
2) Auto switch BA market = off [thought that should be on ?! Not sure why it isn't - fingers maybe !]
3) Market switch time = 50
4) Restrict refresh = on
5) From secs before = 60
6) To secs after = 600 [ was 60 when only doing pre-off which worked fine

I discovered all this just before the last race and changed "To secs after" to 540 (9mins) and that seemed to switch - or it might have been my random clicking that did it!

Any ideas what the silly mistake is in the settings or how the switching priorities / refresh works - documentation is a bit sparse for Betdaq version ?

Also, if, as often happens, there was a race every 5 mins and the current in-running race has not finished - would BA just cut this off and auto-switch to the next market meaning no more bets could be placed on the end of that race ?

Return to “Betdaq exchange”