Have your say on the future of BETDAQ

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Betdaq

Hi All,

We would like to thank everyone for their feedback to date. The API team has been inundated with great suggestions and over the past 3 days at the Ice exhibition great debate.

We will endeavour to get back to everyone individually next week, and reveal more of our plans over the coming month regarding updates to come.

Kind Regards,
An invigorated Betdaq team
steven1976

Im playing around in betdaq for a while tonight and a couple of points that i have noticed are as follows;

1) After the last race was you seem a little slow in settling at the end of races compared to bf. I dont know if this is normal or was because of a tight finish but it felt slow in crediting my account. Its not a complaint, just something i noticed.

2) I like how you allow people to match their own money as it reacts in the ladder is different to bf. In bf if you match your own money it just it disappears. I think your way is better.

3) I can see the money has been beefed up a little in your markets but it still doesnt feel like there is any real money coming in.

Lets hope Ladbrokes start dropping some bets in there.
LeTiss

steven1976 wrote: I like how you allow people to match their own money as it reacts in the ladder is different to bf. In bf if you match your own money it just it disappears. I think your way is better.
Bf used to do this also

I'm not sure why they stopped it, but some people thought it allowed traders, or BF, to create a false impression of how much money was being pushed through. When there's £10k matched, this means jack shit when somebody matched themselves for £8k of it
steven1976

Also, Im playing around with minimum stake and one thing I dont like is the fact that you cant hedge small amounts, or at least Im having trouble taking my big 26 p green on on riguez dancer as Im off for a shower and an early night!

Hope these pointers are useful
ste
steven1976

LeTiss 4pm wrote:
steven1976 wrote: I like how you allow people to match their own money as it reacts in the ladder is different to bf. In bf if you match your own money it just it disappears. I think your way is better.
Bf used to do this also

I'm not sure why they stopped it, but some people thought it allowed traders, or BF, to create a false impression of how much money was being pushed through. When there's £10k matched, this means jack shit when somebody matched themselves for £8k of it
It still going on Le tiss unfortunately. Its not that hard to get into bed with BF or even trade between your auntys account and your own for example through an excel.

I dont do it as i dont have the funds to do it but i play right at the front of the markets and you should see how they react to a couple of quid with the set up i put in. The weaker markets are the easiest to see it and there is not a cat in hells chance it is real money. Its not to say its not difficult to trade against. You can actually use it to your advantage to get better odds.

Thats why, i think its a good idea that they keep it so its harder to spot the real money. It at least doesnt give the market makers an advantage of creating an illusion for the mugs.
_PP_

Just hoping to see more than the usual 5% of matched volume at soccer matches (when compared to betfair). Yesterday, the Real x Man Utd game had more than 20M€ matched at betfair, whilst at betdaq it went around 1M€. Can you pump more liquidity, please? :mrgreen:
mpendle

_PP_ wrote:Just hoping to see more than the usual 5% of matched volume at soccer matches (when compared to betfair). Yesterday, the Real x Man Utd game had more than 20M€ matched at betfair, whilst at betdaq it went around 1M€. Can you pump more liquidity, please? :mrgreen:
The 2 exchanges have different ways of calculating matched volume, so you would need to take that into account before making comparisons.
_PP_

mpendle wrote:
_PP_ wrote:The 2 exchanges have different ways of calculating matched volume, so you would need to take that into account before making comparisons.
You're right. But it's the only indicator you have to gauge any sort of liquidity between both exchanges. I think I can assume that a change in this 5% relationship will mean more or less money into the market.

Cheers
MarketTrader

Betdaq wrote:We will endeavour to get back to everyone individually next week, and reveal more of our plans over the coming month regarding updates to come.
Has anyone heard anything?
mugsgame

Mt - I heard a rumour that man has landed on the moon :mrgreen:
mugsgame

Mt - I heard a rumour that man has landed on the moon :mrgreen:
Euler

If anybody is interested in doing volume on Betdaq then I am sure they will be interested in speaking to you.
jimrobo

how much volume is volume if that makes sense???
Euler

If you can trade millions then I'd imagine that would be interesting.
jimrobo

I do on betfair. only small on betdaq though. If I didn't get blacklisted mid position/have a slightly higher refresh I'd probably be slightly more confident with higher stakes on betdaq.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”