Have your say on the future of BETDAQ

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
PeterLe

jimrobo wrote:you get blacklisted for 60 seconds if you call their api too many times. Fine in principle but when it happens and you are mid position and theres only 30 seconds to go you are in trouble!!!
Hi
I had exactly the same problem.
I adapted a spreadsheet that I had used on Betfair for the past six years or so and ran it on Betdaq.
Midway through the first race it was black listed.
I then entered into a number of email with the API team. They explained that my "Combined Payload" was set at 600 calls/Minute (I expect this was quite low as I rarely used Betdaq).
..and here is the interesting thing..
Unlikely Betfair, the API were prepared to negotiate with me to rest my limit. I was asked a number of questions primarily based on how much commission I was/expected to generate, turnover etc.
They raised my "Combined Payload" as a result.

As it happened, the auto stuff I wanted to run didn't work anywhere near as well as on betfair so I have shelved that until it picks up in terms of liquidity...

Anyway the message is; if you put a lot through the exchange, talk to the API team and see if they can do something for you to prevent your account being locked and leaving you high and dry
Regards
Peter
jimrobo

I have had my price calls raised but they would'nt budge on the bet calls. The problem is if I fire say 2 bets really quickly they add that to my bet calls! I got really stung last cheltenham with it.

Anyway I won;t put big volume through while I have this problem and I'm guessing they won't want to start raising my limits until they see I can put more volume through so its at a bit of a stalemate!
PeterLe

Jim
They put me on a months trail based on an expected level of activity, so you could try that approach.
In fairness; they seemed really approachable to me and at one point they were more keen that I was.
Maybe give them another try?
Regards
Peter
jimrobo

yeh I might give them an email!

It all depends on liquidity too. When I tried to up my liquidity on BD last time it was the premium charge stuff. It was ok but it was too thin to really trade at full speed. The volume I can put through is still relative to the total liquidity in the market.
mpendle

Whopper wrote:
mpendle wrote:The 2 exchanges have different ways of calculating matched volume, so you would need to take that into account before making comparisons.
What are the differences?

Any web to see what are the formulas for each one and understand it?
Betfair's total matched is the backers stake of a bet x 2.
Betdaq's is the sum of the total liability of the bet on either side.
For example a £100 at 1.10 would be £110 matched on Betdaq and £200 matched on Betfair.
A £1000 bet at 2.00 would be £2000 matched on Betdaq and £2000 matched on Betfair.
A £10 bet at 11.00 would be £110 matched on Betdaq and £20 matched on Betfair.

I believe this is correct, but happy to be corrected if not.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”