The Betdaq manifesto

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Euler

Posted this up in the early hours this morning: -

http://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/2013/03 ... manifesto/
mugsgame

I have a good feeling about this. This could be it after so many false starts. But in the back of my mind I having a little nagging voice. Ladbrokes? They are the shrewdest Bookies on the high street. When things seem too good to be true they usually are.

But good luck to them - fingers crossed
chrisangel

I see their going 0% commission for first month together with other offers.

Its a pity they restricted it to new accounts, there are many who have dormant or little used accounts that would have been tempted back (or increased their activity) with similar offers to new accounts.

At this time, when they want to encourage liquidity I would have thought they would have gone after all punters and not just new accounts.
oscar123

I noticed the manifesto on their homepage when i logged on today.

Looks like they have listened to what the punters want. Looks really promising, I wish them well.
Mr Undercover

sweet baby Jesus, I'm converted.
freddy

That's great news, i was hoping that they would come out and make a statement like this and they have :D

It looks like we will have another golden age of the betting exchange, just hope this one lasts.

wonder what Betfairs response will be, carnt wait :)
superfrank

yeah good news, but they need to invest in the technology (and api) to make it a real contender.

so far so good though.
Ethanol

chrisangel wrote: Its a pity they restricted it to new accounts, there are many who have dormant or little used accounts that would have been tempted back (or increased their activity) with similar offers to new accounts.

At this time, when they want to encourage liquidity I would have thought they would have gone after all punters and not just new accounts.
We don't yet know what marketing plan they have for existing dormant accounts. Maybe (and hopefully) this is one of their intentions.

However, since they haven't yet confirmed that this is a possibility, I would urge anyone in this situation to email them explaining this point exactly. In the past, after having not used them for a while, I've emailed them, asked them nicely for a reduced rate, and had it applied. :)
Mr Undercover

The biggest concert for me is how equivalent the trading experience will be, using betangel this afternoon on betdaq with the horses it felt we are still a long way from having a software suite we can work with.

How much is due to deficiences in the Betdaq api and how much betangel s/ware we need Euler to let us know.

I do most of my trading pre-off occasionally getting involved in-play so having the 'in-play trader' available and some of the graphs is critical before i could switch.

I think the betdaq api desperately needs to provide the amount traded - personally I'm struggling without it as you can't gauge traction of the current price point.

Are there plans afoot to get betangel up to speed ? maybe i've missed a thread or two.
freddy

I agree the API is not as good, but it amazing how much adapting you can do when your not paying the P.C :) .
mugsgame

For me the big miss is the column on the right hand side of the ladder with the matched volumes. This is a key indicator.
Unless I am being really dozy and have not switched it on settings somewhere :)
freddy

I made the same comment on another thread on here somewhere :? ,

But with the risk or repeating myself I think that currently a lot of traders trade Betdaq using info gleaned form Betfair.
It’s def the case with me, obviously this is partly to do with Betfair's current market dominance but there are def aa few things they could improve things.
Mr Undercover

matched volume is critical if you're a pre-off tradder I think. If you can't see how much of that which is being offered up is actually getting matched it's difficult to read what's going on.
jimrobo

ladbrokes shares up considerably this morning on this news...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/03/1 ... AJ20130311

seems they are on a roll at the moment!
mugsgame

I don't want to dampen the mood but..........
Ladbrokes are going to come to our rescue from big bad Betfair? Are you having a laugh?? :)

Return to “Betdaq exchange”