liquidity watch

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
jimrobo

I had a quick look today because I was busy and only planned on doing a few races. I looked on betfair and liquidity was awful. Fill rate was as low as I've seen on a saturday. Volatility seemed through the roof.

I decided to have a look on betdaq and to my surprise the liquidity has really picked up. With 5 mins to go certainly on the last there was equal amounts matched on both. I know they report volume differently and betdaqs is skewed so it looks higher in terms of absolute against betfair but there was plenty of liquidity and very nice to trade. Next saturday I may even spend the whole day there.

Has anyone got any figures? Or worth setting up some sort of reference comparison? At least we can see the general trend over time maybe.
Euler

I've started deploying more than one strategy on Betdaq so I'd tend to agree that there is more of the right sort of money arriving over there. Still some way to go, but the bulbs are poking out from under the earth, certainly on horse racing.
haichless

any chance of a guardian and automation tool for bet angel (betdaq) and a ramping up of the features to the betfair bet angel level.
Im sure some would pay bet angel a reduced betfair subscription level for this.
jimrobo

the current feature list for betdaq betangel is pretty comprehensive.

It would be nice to know if there are any plans to add volume information to the exchange. They said they had huge upgrade plans initially but nothing seems to have come of it. They were even talking bout using push technology.

Euler, any chance you have heard or have any sort of contact to ask the question about roadmap for upgrades?
mugsgame

The biggest issue for me is the volume matched column. Thats the final piece in the Betdaq jigsaw, if the put that is it's game over for Betfair.
Euler

Guess its game over for Betfair then ;)
mugsgame

Get in!!!!! :)
jimrobo

any chance of expanding a little?? Or have I missed something? :? :?
Mr Undercover

volume matched is indeed the the tipping point from my perspective also. You can't trade without it.

So I take it from this they have confirmed a delivery schedule and BA are preparing to launch these features ?

How about the charting, I'd of thought this is key for you Euler ?
Euler

I'm aware of a lot of work going on behind the scenes but don't want to preempt anything as much can change from an idea to execution. But stuff is going on and we will let you know as soon as anything firms up.
mugsgame

Dear.....
We have noticed you haven't used you account for a while. As a 'welcome" back we are willing to let you bet commission free for the next 6 months, we have deposited £500 in your account, and we have scrapped the Premium changes you used to pay. As an act of good will we have refunded £100k of the Premium charges you paid us. We are even in talks with Bert to buy back into. Any chance of coming back.
Yours Betfair.....

If Carlsberg made grovelling letters..............
Euler

Not gone quite that far yet, but Betfair have been knocking at the door a lot more often recently.
jimrobo

fair enough...I'll keep my fingers crossed and carry on doing my api upgrade dance!
Mr Undercover

"Betfair knocking at the door alot more recently" ...can you elaborate ?
Mr Undercover

I think Laddaq are serious about getting their api sorted... and thank the lord for that.

The first telling sign of Laddaq progress will be when Betfair remove premium charge from all pre-off events/markets... There was always going to be a tax on in-play events as lurkers were mopping up soft money at the courses owing to the video delay. It was greedy of Betfair though in my view to treat pre-off traders with the same comtempt and tax them equally as harsh.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”