Market Making

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
dogs

I joined Betdaq today and traded on the Spain v Italy Confederations Cup match.

As soon as the match finished I went to the markets for the 2 remaining games on Sunday, and there were no offers at all in either market.

Just to experiment I offered £5 to back Spain and £5 to back Brazil in the final @5.0 and as soon as I submitted the bets offers appeared @ 2.0 to back and 3.0 to lay. My money sat unmatched at 5.0 for both teams. Fair enough I thought, I have triggered a bot to offer shorter prices than me.

I then went to the Uruguay v Italy game, and this too had no offers in the market. I offered £3 @ 3.0 on both teams. This time, my bets didn't appear in the market, but I could see them in my unmatched bets, and the liability was deducted from my account balance. After a minute or two money appeared in the back column for each team @ 2.0, nothing on the lay side, and my money still hadn't appeared.

It appears to me that I am not allowed to be the first person to offer prices, and by extension, that certain people must have this exclusive privilege.

Anybody able to explain what's going on here? (sorry for rambling on a bit!).
dogs

Here's a screenshot...
Market.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dogs

There are now offers in the market 24hrs later, but mine are still unmatched, so I've cancelled them. Maybe it was naïve of me to think that anyone could offer the most advantageous prices first.
tomallen123

I haven't used betdaq much so I could be wildly off base here.
On your screenshot you have it set to "display stake" £5 so it only shows unmatched totals of £5 or more. At least that's how I recall betdaq working.
dogs

That would explain it, user error after all!

Return to “Betdaq exchange”