Want to green out but it won't

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
lockys96

I've done the 2 weeks trial in bet angel for betfair in practice mode and have got to grips with the ladder. In practice mode the green out function works fine no matter what green I.e 3p accross the field after trading on 1 horse. If I click this it greens up no problem.

My question is I thought I'd try bet angel for betdaq. Now I know u can trade min stakes and this is what I want to do at this time. I had a trade when I entered and started to go against me, so I existed. It said I had -30p which I could green/red across the field which I wanted to do, now when I clicked on green up it stated that the bet is below minimum odds and did nothing.

Now this left me in the position that I couldn't exit the trade at all and had to watch the whole race and my £2 stake just get lost even though I wanted to exit for -30 p.

Should this happen, it works great in practice mode for betfair, does this happen just for betdaq?

If I get the full version of bet angel for betfair will this work fine.

I don't want to be in the position where I have say -£6 green showing but say your position is -£80 and not having any option to exit the trade.

Any recommendations would be great

And thank you
kelpie

Sounds like liquidity. It's not a software glitch, it's bitty markets that's causing your problems.

Part of your journey to being a succesful trader will be choosing the markets which suit your edge.

Also - just because positions run against you -15% you shouldn't be trading out, in my opinion. Take a contrary position on somewhere else should solidify your overall market position.

Good luck!
lockys96

It's ok now, believe tony has answered my query as betdaq will not allow bets under 50p period hence the greening would fail.

I wouldn't you want to trade out when it's not the favourite you have done a trade on? I wanted to exit for -30p red not £2 stake as couldn't green.

I will switch to bet angel for betfair if it will allow me to trade small stakes

Return to “Betdaq exchange”