Profitable strategy for sale

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Trader724

decomez6 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:54 am
Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:35 am
decomez6 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:57 am

generosity appreciated thanks ,

your system has undergone through an evolution(charles darwin comes to mind) , whats the granularity- level/stage/layer -are we talking about ?.
-does it mean if anyother person uses it, the edge will devolve or exchange hands to the newer user?
and also, if your buyer sells it to someone else for a better price than he bought it and still continue to use it ,how would you measure that?
what percentage of the edge will be shared amongst the newer users?

if you can detect that usage , it means you are working at the very front end of the market .you must have a vast amount of knowlegdge( database) that allows you peel off all the market layers/random variables , and observe what is happening there.
if the latter is positive, consider me your new student and i will pay you to teach me how to fish in those deep waters.

N:B: iam not saying the system is not profitable .and i see no reason why you should not sell it if its only gathering dust , due to mantainance /time constrains and costs.
I didn't offer to teach anyone very advanced things, probably no one would do that unless they would benefit more than by trading throughout their whole career which is hard to believe. I would not pass on a strategy if I thought it would become unprofitable.

As long as we don't do the same thing at the same time and we don't have the same tactics, we won't significantly influence each other. Whoever buys the strategy can do whatever they want, I am always waiting for changes in the markets because the changes bring new opportunities.
When an edge disappears from one place it will appear in another place.
However, if I bought a strategy, I would keep it just for myself, It will bring more money than if I sold it.
Agreed, changes bring opportunities ( volatility & liqiudity ).
don’t have to wait for long for prices to follow value wherever it’s found .and please note your opening bet is extremely attractive whenever it’s by accompanied a stop loss , as you have literally shown all your cards( I digress). Your suggestion has got an approach that mirrors what we do on a daily basis ...
spot an opportunity..
open an anticipatory trade...
Work towards helping your trade by not opposing it...
Then make a market. ( ideally ‘self match’ - the good/legal one) to complete a successful trade.

Why I make this wild guess?
-You say -“ do the same thing at the same time and we don't have the same tactics, we won't significantly influence each other. ”

Hope you are not selling the goose that laid the golden eggs or may be you are only sharing it hoping the new owner will not slaughter his half .
Actually I am selling the goose that layd the golden eggs. In fact, they have already hatched and the chicks have grown up and layd their eggs too. I hope it does the same for the new owner of the golden eggs goose. 😀
decomez6

Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:13 pm
decomez6 wrote:
Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:35 am

I didn't offer to teach anyone very advanced things, probably no one would do that unless they would benefit more than by trading throughout their whole career which is hard to believe. I would not pass on a strategy if I thought it would become unprofitable.

As long as we don't do the same thing at the same time and we don't have the same tactics, we won't significantly influence each other. Whoever buys the strategy can do whatever they want, I am always waiting for changes in the markets because the changes bring new opportunities.
When an edge disappears from one place it will appear in another place.
However, if I bought a strategy, I would keep it just for myself, It will bring more money than if I sold it.
don’t have to wait for long for prices to follow value wherever it’s found .and please note your opening bet is extremely attractive whenever it’s by accompanied a stop loss , as you have literally shown all your cards( I digress). Your suggestion has got an approach that mirrors what we do on a daily basis ...
spot an opportunity..
Then make a market. ( ideally ‘self match’ - the good/legal one) to complete a successful trade.

-You say -“ do the same thing at the same time and we don't have the same tactics, we won't significantly influence each other. ”

Hope you are not selling the goose that laid the golden eggs or may be you are only sharing it hoping the new owner will not slaughter his half .
Actually I am selling the goose that layd the golden eggs. In fact, they have already hatched and the chicks have grown up and layd their eggs too. I hope it does the same for the new owner of the golden eggs goose. 😀
:lol: 🦢✨🦢✨🦢✨✨🦢 .....all the way to the bank
It’s only golden if goldeneye approves it.
I suggest you send it to Peter, may be he can give it his blessings and a seal of approval.
That way the sceptics in us will have no more to add.
Trader724

decomez6 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:27 pm
Trader724 wrote:
decomez6 wrote:

spot an opportunity..

:lol: 🦢✨🦢✨🦢✨✨🦢 .....all the way to the bank
It’s only golden if goldeneye approves it.
I suggest you send it to Peter, may be he can give it his blessings and a seal of approval.
That way the sceptics in us will have no more to add.
The time I chose to devote to this subject is almost over. Maybe this is better, everyone to make their own way, and if in your way you want to cut corners, you have to know where it is safer to do it and where it's too risky. Whether we are traders or we bet, or we do none of this, risk is part of our lives. Always choose the lowest risk, with the highest reward.
rik

Trader724 wrote:
Zoo of golden chicken and still worried about liabilities, must be staking real big.
Outright betting? Generally trading strategies you stake as big as the market can handle and your edge diminshes, for trading you usually reach that point in 3 figures already. Someone else doing a similiar thing because too much liability is nonsense.
decomez6

Maybe this is better, everyone to make their own way, and if in your way you want to cut corners, you have to know where it is safer to do it and where it's too risky.
Spot on.
risk assessment demands interrogation. I hope you are not feeling under appreciated by those of us who would be careful not to re- invent the wheel.
Trader724

rik wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:18 pm
Trader724 wrote:
Zoo of golden chicken and still worried about liabilities, must be staking real big.
Outright betting? Generally trading strategies you stake as big as the market can handle and your edge diminshes, for trading you usually reach that point in 3 figures already. Someone else doing a similiar thing because too much liability is nonsense.
I'm sure that many things I do in the markets are nonsense to you. But it's ok, don't lose hope, you'll get there.😀
alexmr2

Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:50 am
or you can trade manually.

I give it at a low price for what it offers (~10x starting bank a year
Trading manually for a whole year to turn £100 into £1000 (<£1 per hour) seems like a lot of work/tiny edge when a single BF outage or emotional tilting could wipe out the whole year
decomez6

alexmr2 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:38 pm
Trader724 wrote:

Trading manually for a whole year to turn £100 into £1000 (<£1 per hour) seems like a lot of work/tiny edge when a single BF outage or emotional tilting could wipe out the whole year
Well OP’states it can be automated , but I guess the bigger question is , does it do what it says on the tin? And also how to value such a profitable system, what are the agreed S.I units ?
Is there money back guarantees? Etc
Trader724

alexmr2 wrote:
Trader724 wrote:

How much do you make in a year for every £100?
Trader724

decomez6 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:59 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
Trader724 wrote:

Well OP’states it can be automated , but I guess the bigger question is , does it do what it says on the tin? And also how to value such a profitable system, what are the agreed S.I units ?
Any profitable strategy is profitable as long as you execute it properly. A profitable strategy does not make you a good trader. If you break the rules of the strategy then it has no value. I cannot guarantee that you will execute it properly.
decomez6

Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:20 pm
decomez6 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:59 pm
alexmr2 wrote:

Any profitable strategy is profitable as long as you execute it properly. A profitable strategy does not make you a good trader. If you break the rules of the strategy then it has no value. I cannot guarantee that you will execute it properly.
automation eliminates human error. the log is a debug tool and it will help trace if the execution was as prescribed.
The Silk Run

I think you would generate more interest if you provided some measured data to support the stratergy, system to make it a viable pitch.
But, very well done. And good luck ....
jimibt

The Silk Run wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:15 pm
I think you would generate more interest if you provided some measured data to support the stratergy, system to make it a viable pitch.
But, very well done. And good luck ....
yeah, i agree. it's akin to running an ad for a... *Top end sports car - limited edition* (RED) :D

but likewise, i admire the sentiment and the thoughfulness for others in your quest.
jimibt

re my above comment, i think you could give a bit of visibility to the strategy without in any way giving away any of the details.

honest bullet points that highlight your real life experience with this version might include:

* runs on UK and IRE horseracing markets
* targets non handicpap races
* average of 8-10 bets per day
* typical ROI 6-8%
* longest winning run - 20 races, longest losing run 6 races
* neglible deviation over xx years
* RED :D

etc. your friend in need will thank you further down the line for taking the time to work on capturing the imaginations of prospective buyers.
Last edited by jimibt on Mon May 17, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

I'd like to inject something into the discussion.

Let's say I've got a bot that earns £10k a year and runs on Bet Angel. It's been profitable for over a decade so has earned £100k.

How much would you pay for it, trying to discount the fact it's come from me?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”