Cash out when in dutching mode

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Archiepea

Hi Guys,
I'm quite new to this so if this question is stupid I'm sure you will let me know.
On races I choose to invest in, I more often than not choose a number of horses rather than just one. I then use the dutching tool for a given profit. This obviously does'nt always work however it is currently working most of the time.
What I have notinced is, prior to the off, 80/90% of my races turn green. So I would rather take a target profit rather than let the race run. However, when in dutching mode, I cannot use the cashout option in Bet Angel. The only way I can see to cash out is using the usual Betfair site, which is obviously very slow and profits can be missed or even turned into a loss.
Does anyone know how I can get around this or indeed use the cash out tool in Bet Angel whilst in dutching mode?
Any advice would be greatly received.
MobiusGrey

Speaking from experience if you're dutching and want to exit your positions pre-off you'd be giving away a huge amount of value by just 'cashing out' or using the green up function on the one click screen. The best way is to load up the ladder interfaces with your 3 or 4 selections and close each one this way. You're not giving away any value by doing this, using the green up function when dutching is horrifically inefficient. You can actually enable this though in the settings, but it's disabled by default for this very reason.
Archiepea

Thank you for your reply.
So what you are saying is load up the ladder and cash each one out individually? Maybe inserting a stop loss for each selection too?
Ok, I'll have a look today and see how it goes.
I'll let you know.
MobiusGrey

Exactly this. I've found the best approach to take after entering your dutch positions is to either let them run or if you want to exit is to load up the ladder(s) and then offer a green up position individually for each horse. You have so much more control this way, you can even green/red up a couple of selections and let the others run this way.

However if you're really set on just being able to hit a cashout button see this link but take a note of this quote:
"Green Up Restriction
When using the dutching or bookmaking features of Bet Angel, you are trying to realise a profit by taking advantage of a book over-round or under-round in your favour - you are not realising a profit by closing a trade or greening up. Using it to exit a bookmaking or dutching session is inefficient and can be dangerous if you have repeatedly used the bookmaking feature in one market. For example, you may require a large amount of money to exit an individual bookmaking bet. If the market cannot stand this amount it is likely you will not exit all positions and may end up in a losing situation.

Therefore by default greening up is disabled when bets are placed via the dutching or bookmaking tabs. This means on the ladder & one-click trading screens instead of seeing any green up figures all you will see is N/A"
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/gre ... tings.html

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”