ASSISTANCE WITH AF - BACK U2.5 PROVIDING SHARED VALUES FOR BACK U3.5

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
skystar

Hello,
I am a newbie to using automation. I tried to make one bot according to the strategy but I would need help with some things that are not working properly.
The idea of automation is that before the start of a football match the bot places a bet on BACK U2.5 and makes a greening at 20% (this percentage can be determined as desired) of the net stake. In the case two goals are scored, the exit should be with as little loss as possible.
If the first goal is scored before Greening then the bot places the amount 4x of the initial net stake on BACK U3.5 with condition: U3.5 odd greater than 1.5 and U2.5 odd greater than 3, and greening at 30%. When trade U2.5 is closed with greening trade BACK U3.5 have to be canceled.
This strategy is used on football matches where there are statistically few goals scored.
In attachment you can find two bots : BACK U3.5 if U2.5 _3, Green 30%baf and BACK U2.5, Green 20p%, -60l%baf for your review.

The things that bother me while running this AF are:
1. How to reduce the loss on the U2.5 market as little as possible when one/two goals are scored? I tried to use a monetary stop (exit when the loss is greater than 60% of the net stake) however every time a goal is scored the whole trade closes with a loss. (Maybe add a monetary stop loss with a time lag if it is possible?)
2.When the bot places a bet before the start of the match, in the Guardian automation log book it is not recorded in the trigger count- (0/10 triggers is written all the time). This is normal when the bet is placed before the match?
3. When the trade BACK U2.5 is closed with greening , SVs are still count in the log book. How to stop SVs after the greening? I tried with clean SV but is not working...
4. Also, when I want to apply bot BACK U2.5, Green 20p%, -60l%baf to other selection on different markets there is a message that the bot was made for one selection and may not work properly on new selected selection. What changes need to be done that bot can be aplied on every selection U2.5?
5. Bot BACK U3.5 if U2.5 _3, Green 30%baf sometimes does not place a bet?

I appreciate any help,

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

tbh - i can't comment on your success here or otherwise. however, from personal experience and the markets in general, tryng to hedge out on a related market where the odds are much higher can be a recipe for disaster. it's akin to using martingale - i.e. you are grabbing an option to try and mitigate your losses that potentially has no supporting data. I would be tempted to reel (real!!) things back a little and paper trade the scenario that you are describing. behind that, i'd be focussing on my selection criteria. by getting this focus (more or less) correct, there should be no need to panic buy into other markets.

that said, many years ago, i was possibly of the same opinion that i could commit to one market and somehow be rescued from my plight in another market. turns out, market efficiency is such that this approach more or less is negated by the system it belongs to. I would strongly suggest focussing on game selection and adopting a KISS approach to this... the number of moving parts that you introduce into any strategy becomes unweildy once you are juggling the chainsaws - entertaining but ultimately cutting your arm off to spite your face (saving).

[edit] - i know that BA gives you the option to determine cross markets trades (which is great) - but in my experience, any gains are short lived if they are purposed for rescue, rather than consolidation.
rostov

Paraphrasing, using 'cover' bets or 'insurance' trades to mitigate
losses isn't worth a wank.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”