WIN market / EW market weird stuff

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
ilovepizza82

Hi,

Could anyone explain me how it is possible for WIN selection to have lower odds than E/W market selection ? :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:43 pm
Hi,

Could anyone explain me how it is possible for WIN selection to have lower odds than E/W market selection ? :)
EW prices, unlike bookies that are tied to win prices, are a sort of average between win and place prices. If a horse has no chance of winning but a good chance of getting placed, its place chances drags the EW price down. Conversely, if a horse is likely to show its best and win or run a stinker its weak place chance can inflate the EW price.

EW betting, whether it's Betfair or with a bookie, often involves poor value on win or place and good value on the other. It's a question of deciding whether it's overall value.
ilovepizza82

Thanks Derek. I think i get it now. Its just odd that its lower than EW market which also involves 1st place, odd at first glance at least.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”