Automation

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
galway21

hi,

Is it possible to automate that you can back a horse on rank 2 hours before the off and lay off 10 seconds before off time?
MobiusGrey

When you say 'rank 2' do you mean row 2 on Betfair? If so yes is the answer to your question
galway21

Yes, so whoever is fav or 2nd fav on betfair 2 hours before the off
Dallas

Apply the rule to a selection 'By Position (sorted in order of favouritism) 2'
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/app ... tions.html
galway21

Thanks for that Dallas,

Is there a setting that it closes the bet out 10 seconds before the off time? Also i want to set a stop loss
Dallas

galway21 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:05 pm
Thanks for that Dallas,

Is there a setting that it closes the bet out 10 seconds before the off time? Also i want to set a stop loss
Yes, you can use Close trade on selection with greening rule for both of those

Any of the rules can be armed for anytime you want
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/rul ... times.html
MAGTRADEUK

Good morning,
I hope I put this in the right place.
I have managed to put age of runners in "one click scren" along with other data like form, jockey, trainer etc.... the question I would like to raise is

how do I apply the "age" data into automaion i.e. I may want to exclude 2 y.o. races / runners in flat or maybe exclude runners over 5 etc etc .. I am assuming it may be something like a text field like in excluding CHS OR HRD but not sure how to achieve this, any pointers would be most appreciated. Many thanks.
Dallas

MAGTRADEUK wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:19 am
Good morning,
I hope I put this in the right place.
I have managed to put age of runners in "one click scren" along with other data like form, jockey, trainer etc.... the question I would like to raise is

how do I apply the "age" data into automaion i.e. I may want to exclude 2 y.o. races / runners in flat or maybe exclude runners over 5 etc etc .. I am assuming it may be something like a text field like in excluding CHS OR HRD but not sure how to achieve this, any pointers would be most appreciated. Many thanks.
You in the right ball park

The age isn't included in the market title from BF so what you need first is a 'Set/Modify Stored Value' rule to store the value as a text
One of the Pre-set options you can select allows you to store a runners age

Then using the 'Text Comparison' condition you referred to above you can test for the text of a stored value
MAGTRADEUK

nearly there, thanks for the pointer, think I can do what I want and maybe more.

Cheers.
Dallas

MAGTRADEUK wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:01 pm
nearly there, thanks for the pointer, think I can do what I want and maybe more.

Cheers.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”