Linking to Excel

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
WelshMage

Only had Bet Angel for a week and a couple of days ago I watched the Peter Webb videos on linking markets to Excel. Wow! wow! wow!
I am an experienced Excel user (25 years) and can programme in VBA as well as knowing a vast array of functions. Within a day I have created an Excel file with a worksheet linking the other imported worksheets from Guardian. So essentially I have one Worksheet showing Match odds, Overs and Unders markets, correct score and BTTS.
On the other imported worksheets, within the light green cells that allow you to do a trade from within Excel, I have linked the Odds and Stake to my main sheet. Then finally I have put in a formulae within some of the Overs cells that says, If odds reach a certain price, auto write the word BACK and the bet is triggered and placed from within Excel. Magic.
Hats off to whoever made Bet Angel. This is an amazing piece of software and I haven't had it a week yet!!!
Derek27

I largely use Excel for the power and control of VBA code, but don't overlook the power of BA's native automation (rules files) and automated servants.
tumby

WelshMage wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:21 pm
Hats off to whoever made Bet Angel. This is an amazing piece of software and I haven't had it a week yet!!!
Completely agree, have been using the Bet Angel via Excel sheets for years and I love it.
WelshMage

What I cant figure out yet using Excel or BA Automation is how to automatically just remove the liability of a trade once the trade goes in profit.
For example if I am trading over 1.5g and a goal is scored, I will more than likely be in profit if the goal is scored in the first half. But how do I automatically remove the liability for essentially a free trade on the over 1.5g?
Any ideas?
Derek27

WelshMage wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:43 am
What I cant figure out yet using Excel or BA Automation is how to automatically just remove the liability of a trade once the trade goes in profit.
For example if I am trading over 1.5g and a goal is scored, I will more than likely be in profit if the goal is scored in the first half. But how do I automatically remove the liability for essentially a free trade on the over 1.5g?
Any ideas?
Simply lay over 1.5 for your liability on the under 1.5.

For example, you back over 1.5 for £20 at odds of 1.5, leaving you in a -£20/+£10 position. A goal is scored and the price goes down to 1.2. Lay for £20 at 1.2 leaving you in a £0/+£6 position.
WelshMage

Ah, I see what you mean Derek.
I guess that would be easy to automate as a rule too. And I guess it would still work if I drip back an amount into the market. For example, if I drip bet £30 in 3 lots of £10 at 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7; I would just lay at 1.2 for the £30.
I just need a rule with a condition that says if the fixed odds are lower than x, lay for the total amount I backed at.

Am I correct Derek?
Derek27

WelshMage wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:50 pm
Ah, I see what you mean Derek.
I guess that would be easy to automate as a rule too. And I guess it would still work if I drip back an amount into the market. For example, if I drip bet £30 in 3 lots of £10 at 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7; I would just lay at 1.2 for the £30.
I just need a rule with a condition that says if the fixed odds are lower than x, lay for the total amount I backed at.

Am I correct Derek?
You can choose whatever price you want, but to transfer your profit from one to the other you simply lay for a liability of whatever your profit is for that selection.
WelshMage

Got it, cheers

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”