We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
BennyNight

Hi,

Looking to trade horses and trying to get access to live racing.

I find betfair needs a bet to access pictures, and in many cases the TV pics don't load. Joined a 30 day trial with Racing TV, but it doesnt seem to show all meets. Today it says only Gowran.

Where do I watch Hexham, Ascot and Fontwell?

Last query, is there a simply way to add a sound alert for when a bet gets matched. I checked the help quide and found the settings but no joy. The sound settings (pre set) all linked to the time alerts.
Dallas

There are two companies which hold the rights to the UK horse race courses, Racing TV and also Sky Sports racing (previously At the Races)
You can find a list of courses each one holds the rights to with a quick Google search

Regarding adding a matched bets alert, you'd need to create a rules file to do this, or download the ready-made file from here
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=12991
ANGELS15

BennyNight wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:17 pm
Hi,

Looking to trade horses and trying to get access to live racing.

I find betfair needs a bet to access pictures, and in many cases the TV pics don't load. Joined a 30 day trial with Racing TV, but it doesnt seem to show all meets. Today it says only Gowran.

Where do I watch Hexham, Ascot and Fontwell?

Last query, is there a simply way to add a sound alert for when a bet gets matched. I checked the help quide and found the settings but no joy. The sound settings (pre set) all linked to the time alerts.
I often log in to betfair to watch racing without having to bet. As far as I know it's free to watch?
ShaunWhite

ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:54 pm
I often log in to betfair to watch racing without having to bet. As far as I know it's free to watch?
Ditto. But even at the old £2 min bet you could get in and out for a penny which made it cheaper than an ATR and RTV sub. And it's faster
bernie63b

I use Bet 365. You need money in your account to view.
ANGELS15

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:22 pm
ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:54 pm
Ditto. But even at the old £2 min bet you could get in and out for a penny which made it cheaper than an ATR and RTV sub. And it's faster
Yes! I'd forgotten I used to do that before it became free, have a £2 bet then exit for the loss or even gain of a couple of pennies.

I have an account with Hills, I find 99% of the time I can watch dog or horse racing for free no need to have a bet. There have been extremely rare occasions when it's flagged up minimum bet of a £1 to watch but otherwise free.
BennyNight

Thanks dallas and the other replies.

I'll join Hills and 365 to check the amount they show.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”