Remove Sorting in Guardian

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
banana_man

When you click on a header in Guardian it sorts that column. Clicking again reverses the order. Is there a way to completely remove the sorting so that when I add new markets they get added in the order I add them rather than being instantly sorted?
Dallas

There would need to be some sort of order sort when bulk adding them and the default for this is the start time

Unless you are adding them individually in which case you can assign a rules file which increments a stored value and you can use that as your sort thus keeping them in the order you add them
jamesedwards

banana_man wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:25 am
When you click on a header in Guardian it sorts that column. Clicking again reverses the order. Is there a way to completely remove the sorting so that when I add new markets they get added in the order I add them rather than being instantly sorted?
Assuming you are applying rules to markets as you add them then if you sort by the relevant 'automation rules' column the newly added markets will be sorted to the top or bottom of your list.
sniffer66

As an aside to this, is it possible to sort a watch list, tied to a coupon, by either an alert or a custom column ?

I ask as I put a suggestion in for Guardian to self remove unwanted markets i.e unentered footy markets post 3pm on a Saturday. I watch list alert on the markets my automation is on or want to enter manually, but when you have 2500 markets in a watch list its a bugger to find them. The ability to sort markets I've alerted on to the top would save a lot of scrolling.
banana_man

Dallas wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:14 pm
There would need to be some sort of order sort when bulk adding them and the default for this is the start time

Unless you are adding them individually in which case you can assign a rules file which increments a stored value and you can use that as your sort thus keeping them in the order you add them
Ah ok, I never knew the default was start time. I just assumed they added in the order you loaded them in to Guardian, but since my settings had saved the sort ordering on start time, they always sorted like that. Also I forgot to mention that I'm trying to do this on the Betdaq version of BA and use Excel for automation. I usually load most of my markets in the morning and then add more later during the day. But it can get a little confusing when the new markets instantly get mixed into the old and I'm not sure what I've added and what I haven't. Having all the markets I add later in the day be at the bottom so I can double check them would be a nice little quality of life thing for me. But it's not really a big issue, just me trying to be a lazy and save a few minutes.
megarain

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:14 pm
As an aside to this, is it possible to sort a watch list, tied to a coupon, by either an alert or a custom column ?

I ask as I put a suggestion in for Guardian to self remove unwanted markets i.e unentered footy markets post 3pm on a Saturday. I watch list alert on the markets my automation is on or want to enter manually, but when you have 2500 markets in a watch list its a bugger to find them. The ability to sort markets I've alerted on to the top would save a lot of scrolling.
I never saw a reply to this .. I am also looking for a way to sort a coupon by matched bets or liabilty.

Is it possible ?

Thx
Dallas

megarain wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:38 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:14 pm

I never saw a reply to this .. I am also looking for a way to sort a coupon by matched bets or liabilty.

Is it possible ?

Thx
The only sorting options for a watchlist/coupon are currently 'By price, name and volume' but its something that could be looked at

Probably best if someone starts a 'Watchlist/Coupon Sort Options' thread in the suggestions area then people can post what it is they'd like to be able to sort by and add +1s to suggestions by others to give the dev team something to work with

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”