Automation Strategy Build (Newbie)

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Civvg11

Hi, I'm new here and a little confused with trying to set up some automation rules. I want to focus on 0.5 first half goals and want to enter at kick off (odds no lower than 1.35) and then drip feed 3 other entry points until a first half goal is scored. I have tried to set up the automation and look like it only allows me to do this if I attach the rule to a particular fixture. That said I have only found a way of the initial entry of 1.35 at KO, I haven't worked out how to add the three other entry points and different times throughout the first half. I want to save the rules so I can apply to any match that fits my criteria which can be a lot over a weekend. Any help would be HUGELY appreciated.
Dallas

See my reply here regarding creating a rule for use on all markets
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=26547

To drip feed feed the bets unless you want to do this at timed intervals ie every 10mins you'll need to add additional rules for each bet and use conditions to determine if/when they trigger

Alternatively if its a lay bet and you are placing the bets below the current price (or back bets above it) you can just set all the rules to trigger at the same time, but if this is pre-off you'll also need a 'Keep unmatched bets' rule to keep them once Betfair turn the market in-play
Civvg11

Thanks for your help and I'll have a play over the weekend and see if I can get it to work. :)
Civvg11

Hi, I was called away so didn't get chance to try until yesterday. I set up a couple of rules and picked four matches for the automation to apply to. When I checked this morning nothing had happened. I've obviously done something wrong. Is there anything else I need to do other than apply the rule to the relevant football matches? Many thanks
sionascaig

If just testing a new rule: 1. Use practice mode, 2. use any market (doesnt have to be footy), 3. once working use the right market, 4. its probably the market refresh you need to adjust if loading a lot of markets (try adjusting it and / or use the "restrict refresh" so you get a fast refresh of markets loaded)
Anbell

Civvg11 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:56 am
Hi, I was called away so didn't get chance to try until yesterday. I set up a couple of rules and picked four matches for the automation to apply to. When I checked this morning nothing had happened. I've obviously done something wrong. Is there anything else I need to do other than apply the rule to the relevant football matches? Many thanks
Make sure your computer doesnt fall asleep

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”