Underlay/overlay when closing a trade on a selection

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
lonall

Hi,

Is there a way to customise closing a trade so that profit is distributed neither all on one side of the trade ('close trade on selection') nor equally distributed between the two ('close trade on selection with greening'), but rather somewhere in between? (Effectively overlaying or underlaying if closing a back bet.)

For example, if I backed a selection for £10 at 2.7 and lay odds are now 1.5:

Close trade on selection: Guardian would place a £10 lay bet @ 1.5 (Back win = £12 profit ; Lay win = £0 profit)
Close trade on selection with greening: Guardian would place a £18 lay bet @ 1.5 (Back win = £8 ; Lay win = £8)

How could I skew profit distribution to always be 80% : 20% towards the Lay bet outcome for instance?
(In the example above, I would want Guardian to place a £26 lay bet @ 1.5 (Back win = £4, Lay win = £16)

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Alex
Medz89

@lonall, did you find a solution to this problem?
Dallas

lonall wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 6:49 pm
Hi,

Is there a way to customise closing a trade so that profit is distributed neither all on one side of the trade ('close trade on selection') nor equally distributed between the two ('close trade on selection with greening'), but rather somewhere in between? (Effectively overlaying or underlaying if closing a back bet.)

For example, if I backed a selection for £10 at 2.7 and lay odds are now 1.5:

Close trade on selection: Guardian would place a £10 lay bet @ 1.5 (Back win = £12 profit ; Lay win = £0 profit)
Close trade on selection with greening: Guardian would place a £18 lay bet @ 1.5 (Back win = £8 ; Lay win = £8)

How could I skew profit distribution to always be 80% : 20% towards the Lay bet outcome for instance?
(In the example above, I would want Guardian to place a £26 lay bet @ 1.5 (Back win = £4, Lay win = £16)

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Alex
You'd first need to green up then use a 'Set/Modify Stored value to store the value the profit with whatever calculation/s you want to do
Then with a back or lay bet rule set the staking to use a value held in a stored value (and input the stored value name you created above)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”