betfair soccer updates

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
goldfinch77

Can anyone tell me if BF update their soccer matches at any specific during the day ?

The reason I ask is that on more than one occasion I have seen matches that are on BF but not on the BA selection that I made earlier in the day.
I.E I download all the CS matches from the "soccer" tab on markets in gaurdian around 10 in the morning, then later in day when I come back to check some matches are not on my selection but are on BF.

Any advice would be good
jamesedwards

goldfinch77 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 7:17 pm
Can anyone tell me if BF update their soccer matches at any specific during the day ?

The reason I ask is that on more than one occasion I have seen matches that are on BF but not on the BA selection that I made earlier in the day.
I.E I download all the CS matches from the "soccer" tab on markets in gaurdian around 10 in the morning, then later in day when I come back to check some matches are not on my selection but are on BF.

Any advice would be good
It seems to me that Betfair add new football matches all the time. I refresh my list of markets several times a day and there's always new markets appearing. It's a shame that this process can't be automated within the Guardian software.
goldfinch77

Thanks, I thought I was going mad.

Happened again today just now in fact

I took my 2 selections off the "soccer" tab, the CS and the 1.5, just before 15:00

I checked just now as there was one match I would be interested at HT

Low and behold it was on BF AND in the soccer tab but not in my selections.
So BF AND BA had updated but of course not in my selection.

There has to be a way round this ?

Very frustrating and I am starting to loose faith in Gaurdian, which is a real shame.
A
Euler

Betfair requested that we don't keep calling the market tree. So the only way to capture new markets is to refresh the market tree and reload them into Guardian. It can't keep checking as Betfair requested that we don't do that.
goldfinch77

OK, so now I understand.

Will have re think how I manage my trades

From the simplistic view then, if we load up our games early in day we just stick with what we have. might have to go back to Pre horses .............. :D :D :D

Thanks for the info anyway.
jamesedwards

Euler wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:39 pm
Betfair requested that we don't keep calling the market tree. So the only way to capture new markets is to refresh the market tree and reload them into Guardian. It can't keep checking as Betfair requested that we don't do that.
How about a Guardian feature that allows automated calls but sets a limit on the frequency? eg perhaps once per hour or so. This would allow those with 24/7 automations to reduce manual intervention and increase coverage, while not putting pressure on the Betfair systems.
Derek27

From what I remember, AutoIt can be scripted to click on a certain button or point on the screen.
sniffer66

Loading a coupon on a timed loop via the BA API might do it. Set with the option not to clear Guardian and the used Watch List it should only then add in newly found markets

http://localhost:9000/api/guardian/v1.0/applyCoupon {"couponName":"My Coupon","clearOption":"DONT_CLEAR","watchListNumber":1}

That JSON Request should do it
sniffer66

Using Auto-It... (Not tested)

Code: Select all

While 1

$Result = Post_to_BA("http://localhost:9000/api/guardian/v1.0/applyCoupon", '{"couponName":"My Coupon","clearOption":"DONT_CLEAR","watchListNumber":1}')
MsgBox("","", $Result)

Sleep(3600) ; Wait 1 hour

Wend

Func Post_to_BA($sEndpoint, $sRaw_JSON)
    Local $oHttp   = Null, _
          $oComErr = Null

Local $iHttpStatus = 0

Local $sResponse = "", _
          $sPostData = ""

;Create a HTTP COM object
    $oHttp = ObjCreate("winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1")

With $oHttp
        ;Open POST request
        .Open("POST", $sEndpoint, False)

;Set request headers and options
        .SetRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/json")

;Send request
        .Send($sRaw_JSON)

;Get status code and response
        $iHttpStatus = .Status
        $sResponse   = .ResponseText
    EndWith
	Return($sResponse)

EndFunc
jamesedwards

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:32 pm
Loading a coupon on a timed loop via the BA API might do it. Set with the option not to clear Guardian and the used Watch List it should only then add in newly found markets

http://localhost:9000/api/guardian/v1.0/applyCoupon {"couponName":"My Coupon","clearOption":"DONT_CLEAR","watchListNumber":1}

One day I will learn how coding works... in the meantime I'm limited only to what can be programmed into Guardian. :(
sniffer66

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:40 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:32 pm

One day I will learn how coding works... in the meantime I'm limited only to what can be programmed into Guardian. :(
To be honest, the small code snippet I've posted up there will do 99% off the job. It's just a case of downloading and installing Auto-IT and running it. About 5 mins work.
Happy to assist if you want to get into it.

I'm also about to post an update to my footy score and stats code, using the new BA API , it's pretty seamless and will give all the in game stats, in play time, scores and manage guardian market loading and management. Could be a good time to get your head around it. Having said that, I'm going to make it point and click so no prior knowledge needed
Euler

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:40 pm

The biggest hurdle to coding is understanding logic. I got lucky as I learnt to code in assembly when I was in my teens so that sorted the logic side of things.

But over the years I feel behind on high level coding, but....

ChatGPT is a great teacher and can solve some problems for you to learn from. So my advice if you are interested is to use that as a tutor.

That said, none of my strategies require anything above what's available in Bet Angel.

I know people will say I'm bound to say that, but it's true. My edge comes more from understanding the market.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:53 am
That said, none of my strategies require anything above what's available in Bet Angel.
I think that's a self fulfilling prophecy, you designed it around what you do. If you'd been a HFT quant then it would probably look very different, for starters there wouldn't be a ladder :)
jamesedwards

sniffer66 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:04 am

To be honest, the small code snippet I've posted up there will do 99% off the job. It's just a case of downloading and installing Auto-IT and running it. About 5 mins work.
Happy to assist if you want to get into it.
Very kind of you to offer, but I just don't have the time and it's low on my priorities. Perhaps next year :lol:
Derek27

Euler wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:53 am
I got lucky as I learnt to code in assembly when I was in my teens so that sorted the logic side of things.

But over the years I feel behind on high level coding,
That's much the same for me. I learnt ZX Spectrum BASIC and then Z80 assembler, but those were the days when I was full of enthusiasm to learn, my dad went out to work and my mum did all the cooking, housework, even made the beds.

As you get older you don't lose the ability or interest to learn new things. You just have less time and realise anything new learned is less useful as you have less time to make use of it. :lol:

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”