Data collection

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Post Reply
ddmacall
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Hi
I am new to trading and computers to be honest.
Is there any Bot on the forum that will allow me to collect the highest and lowest traded figures for every runner in a race.
Have had a look at a few data collection Bots and they are way to much for me to get my head around.
cheers DDmacall.
User avatar
Dallas
Posts: 21873
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:57 pm
Location: Working From Home

Are you just wanting it to view on screen at the time the market is running or are you wanting to analyze/look at afterwards?
User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 9468
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

If you want to go down the data analysis route then I'm afraid you're going to have to get up to speed with Excel and how to use your computer (understanding where files are stored etc).

One highly recommended site for structured tuition is Udemy.com for both free and paid for content. If you don't want to put those hours in, then perhaps another style of decision making may suit your trading more.
ddmacall
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Thankyou for your reply.
It is data collection I am looking for so will look at some training on excel.
Cheers
jongup
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:50 am

On the settings in BA, I see there is an excel tab, can't this be collected via that tab?
CallumPerry
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:12 pm
Location: Wolverhampton

Yes but through Bet Angel it can only do one market at a time, it's much better to go through the Excel tab in Guardian to capture a lot of data on a lot of markets. Still need the knowledge to build a spreadsheet capable of doing this though or tweaking a ready made one from the forum. A lot of people doing it though.
User avatar
katieee
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:59 am
Location: Chichester

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:49 pm
Are you just wanting it to view on screen at the time the market is running or are you wanting to analyze/look at afterwards?
I know this is an old thread, but I'm searching exactly this - how can I capture data which I can collect and analyse later. Is there a way to do this via Betangel? I've watched videos but what I can find is related to viewing instantaneous data, I was wondering whether it's possible to keep to analyse later and if there's a section on the forum or elsewhere which can get me started with this?
Anbell
Posts: 1750
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:31 am

katieee wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:15 am
Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:49 pm
Are you just wanting it to view on screen at the time the market is running or are you wanting to analyze/look at afterwards?
I know this is an old thread, but I'm searching exactly this - how can I capture data which I can collect and analyse later. Is there a way to do this via Betangel? I've watched videos but what I can find is related to viewing instantaneous data, I was wondering whether it's possible to keep to analyse later and if there's a section on the forum or elsewhere which can get me started with this?
You should probably start here https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/prices
Yellow
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:29 pm

Anbell wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:12 am
katieee wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:15 am
Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:49 pm
Are you just wanting it to view on screen at the time the market is running or are you wanting to analyze/look at afterwards?
I know this is an old thread, but I'm searching exactly this - how can I capture data which I can collect and analyse later. Is there a way to do this via Betangel? I've watched videos but what I can find is related to viewing instantaneous data, I was wondering whether it's possible to keep to analyse later and if there's a section on the forum or elsewhere which can get me started with this?
You should probably start here https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/prices
Hello, thank you for sharing the link. Do you know if there is anything similar for football by any chance?
User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 9468
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

Yellow wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:39 am
Hello, thank you for sharing the link. Do you know if there is anything similar for football by any chance?
https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home
Yellow
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:29 pm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:21 pm
Yellow wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:39 am
Hello, thank you for sharing the link. Do you know if there is anything similar for football by any chance?
https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home
Thanks Shaun.. sadly I have no idea how to get those .tar files into a readable/useable format. :cry:
User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 9468
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

Yellow wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:27 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:21 pm
Yellow wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:39 am
Hello, thank you for sharing the link. Do you know if there is anything similar for football by any chance?
https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home
Thanks Shaun.. sadly I have no idea how to get those .tar files into a readable/useable format. :cry:
I'm away at the moment so I don't have my usual stuff to hand. That page has the data specification so the best way for now might be to talk to ChatGPT about it. There's lots of json converters out there and it'll suggest what to do.
LinusP
Posts: 1850
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:45 pm

Yellow wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:27 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:21 pm
Yellow wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:39 am
Hello, thank you for sharing the link. Do you know if there is anything similar for football by any chance?
https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home
Thanks Shaun.. sadly I have no idea how to get those .tar files into a readable/useable format. :cry:
https://www.betfairhistoricdata.co.uk/

Haven't even looked at the logs for about a year but seems to be working still :lol:
Yellow
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:29 pm

LinusP wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:59 pm
Yellow wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:27 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:21 pm


https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home
Thanks Shaun.. sadly I have no idea how to get those .tar files into a readable/useable format. :cry:
https://www.betfairhistoricdata.co.uk/

Haven't even looked at the logs for about a year but seems to be working still :lol:
Bless you sir... will give it a try! Looks about my level... drag and drop :D
Post Reply

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”