Transfer settings

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
greg

Hi all,
is there away of transferring the settings for charts/screen layout etc. from a computer to a laptop? Or will I have to do it manually I`ve tried emailing myself but it won`t let me do that . Thanks greg
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

All the settings on your computer will be saved under:

C:\Users\{YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional

So you'll just need to copy them to a similar place on the laptop.
shortcut

For those moving from XP to 7 it should be noted that settings files are in the following folder Win XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional

Discovered this through trial and error. ;)
Derek27

Liksy wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:31 pm
shortcut wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:27 pm
For those moving from XP to 7 it should be noted that settings files are in the following folder Win XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional

Thanks for the comment about windows xp, I would hardly think to look there.
That post is over 6 years old. XP and Windows 7 are both obsolete now. :)
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:36 pm
Liksy wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:31 pm
shortcut wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:27 pm

Thanks for the comment about windows xp, I would hardly think to look there.
That post is over 6 years old. XP and Windows 7 are both obsolete now. :)
I still use Windows 7.

Strange thing I know about too but criminals still use Nokia 3310's.... wonder why.
Tuco

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:46 pm

I still use Windows 7.
I still have an XP drive that I can slip into one of my laptops as it has a piece of software on it I use from time to time and I don't feel the need to upgrade the software every OS release.
Derek27

Tuco wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:24 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:46 pm

I still use Windows 7.
I still have an XP drive that I can slip into one of my laptops as it has a piece of software on it I use from time to time and I don't feel the need to upgrade the software every OS release.
I've still got Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 installed on an XP partition on a Win7 computer - it won't install on Win7 even in compatibility mode.

And I still play BBC Micro games on a simulator while listening to 1980's music. :D
Faxfan

Hi

I have Bet Angel Professional installed on three different machines which represent different locations that I frequent during the day/eve/weekend. Peter often mentions that he has his settings on dropbox so a tweak to a setting on one machine is available on all PC's.

I can't find anything in the general settings to allow me to point automation files or ladder settings to a different location (dropbox), nor can I find a topic on here. Anyone any ideas or point me to a topic?

Many thanks

Steve
Euler

I've basically copied my settingst to dropbox, that's all. All my rules files are there and that's the main reason for using dropbox, to store those and have access to them when I am different machines or setting up a new one.
Faxfan

Thanks for your reply.

Where in Settings do you tell Bet Angel to look at the settings in your Dropbox rather than the local machine?

Thanks
Euler

There isn't one, that's what I was trying to say. I copy settings from one machine to another but store my rules files on Dropbox so I can access them from anything.
ShaunWhite

If they're on the same local network then maybe a shared folder?
collegequarrel

The storage of these files and the ability to access them even when I am using different computers or when I am in the process of setting up a new one is the primary motivation behind my use of Dropbox. the backrooms
Lasfrew

collegequarrel wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:52 am
The storage of these files and the ability to access them even when I am using waffle game different computers or when I am in the process of setting up a new one is the primary motivation behind my use of Dropbox.
Can you be more specific about this?
thepressure

I had a look for the link mentioned and cant find that in my windows, is there any filenames I need to search for, i just want to copy over my ladder settings to a new pc etc?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”