I think I have found serious bugs in BetAngel

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Euler

Betfair changed that due to abuse though.
ShaunWhite

It's my understanding that they cracked down on the abuse but the functionality is still there because the 2 bet method is unnecessary load.

In fact in relation to the place/amend method, 2 days ago KG posted... "It’s definitely not appreciated if you’re just adding load to the system for minimal beneficial activity. if you’re betting at bigger prices probably the best approach is to use the betTargetType order type (which has only been available the last few years, so may not be as in the public conscience)“

Clearly some sort of clarification is required if you and I have a different view on this... . Could it be that it's fine for bespoke software but they don't sanction it in a commercial product?
Derek27

I've always assumed you can place sub £2 bets over the API but not on the website, I'm sure you can't lay 1p at 1000 on the website?
goat68

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:18 pm
I've always assumed you can place sub £2 bets over the API but not on the website, I'm sure you can't lay 1p at 1000 on the website?
When using Limit orders there is a minimum £10 Back payout or Lay Liability, so all these are fine:
Back £0.1 @101
Back £1 @ 11
Lay £0.1 @ 101
Lay £1 @ 11
ShaunWhite

This explains why the stake can be smaller on a single transaction, but I can see why you also need the 2stage method if you need to go smaller still.

Frankly I don't go lower than 2quid bets anyway so I'll stop stickybeaking :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”