Searching and Posting a New Topic on the Forum

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Dallas

Here are some brief instructions on how to use the forum

Start New Topic

To make a new post just click on the 'Index' link near the top of the page then click into the catagory you want to post in,
for example, Bet Angel for Newbies/Getting Started
https://www.betangel.com/forum/

Then at the top left corner, you will see ' New Topic' just click that and start writing you're new post

Post.JPG

Search Existing Topics/Posts

Depending which forum skin you're using to begin the search is slightly different, for the default skin the 'Search' option is located in the top left corner under the 'Quick Links' menu

Banner.JPG

If you are using one of the other skins then it is located at the top right by clicking the 'Cog' icon

Banner 1.JPG

Once you have opened the main search are most options are self-explanatory with tips down the left-hand side,

Search.JPG

One tip I would give is if you want to search for a post or thread as long as you remember the name of the 'Author' (Person who started the topic) then you can just enter the 'Authors' name in the 2nd search field then select
Search within 'Topic Titles Only'

That will return all the topics/threads that person has started by date order with the newest first by default

Search Topic.JPG

Attaching a File or Image

To attach a file or image click the 'Reply' button as normal then below the text area there is an 'Attachment' tab, click that then the 'Add Files' button. Once your message is the typed in the box above just click 'Submit' as normal to post the message with an attachment

attach.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CallumPerry

Many thanks Dallas!!
trader44

cheers dallas :D
mobius

Morning Trader44, the forum contains VAST amounts of info. If you are going to trawl thru' it - a very simple way of keeping track is to use "Bookmarking" . Hit the spanner icon at the bottom next to the reply button, bookmark the item you've just read then when you've long since forgotten if your 49th strategy was B2L, L2B,LTD, LTF(ield,avourite) or, my usual WTF!
You go up to the top right click on your username, then manage bookmarks and hey presto you have your own custom-based index of the topics you've trawled through. Dallas is spot on (as usual) but if you want to search on "username" you'll find Dallas has over 8500 posts! ;)
You'll also find the print view under the spanner icon too and email etc. It's a useful piece of kit. :D
ANGELS15

Thanks for the tips much appeciated
fairbet

Hi,

Is it possible to instruct guardian to refresh only a selected market, instead of refreshing the whole markets?

Refreshing the whole market at 20 mls intervals is really consuming my limited data.

Any alternate way around this, is well appreciated.

Thanks..
Jukebox

Oh the irony!
Euler

Jukebox wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:50 am
Oh the irony!
That is somewhat ironic
PDC

Basic question but I can't find the answer, is it possible to search the forum for a phrase? E.g. "Back the favourite" and it only return posts where this phrase is present.

I know you can put a '+' in front of each word but this returns posts where any of the words are present as opposed to where they are in that arrangement.

Thanks.
Derek27

That's something I've always struggled with - love to know if there's a solution.
ThomasAJ

PDC wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:33 pm
Basic question but I can't find the answer, is it possible to search the forum for a phrase? E.g. "Back the favourite" and it only return posts where this phrase is present.

I know you can put a '+' in front of each word but this returns posts where any of the words are present as opposed to where they are in that arrangement.

Thanks.
Use Google advanced search targeting BA forums. Google “google advanced search” or similar for detailed instructions.
skipa-za-ko_13

One tip I would like to give is that if you want to search for a message or thread as long as you remember the name of the "author" (the person who started the topic), you can simply enter the name of "the author". author "in the second field of research. then select

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”