Sceptical

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
wearthefoxhat

Naffman wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:28 pm
mcfc1981 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:24 pm
Post a screenshot of lifetime P/L from the premium charge portal....that will kill the doubters
But winners hedge with bookies so lose with Betfair :P
+1

Worm (rounders) sums it up fairly well. (including later on "women are the rake")

worm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

mcfc1981 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:24 pm
Post a screenshot of lifetime P/L from the premium charge portal....that will kill the doubters
I did that a year or two ago, just to prove how easy it is to edit HTML text!

But if people think that Betfair charges 20-60% premium charge just to pretend people are winning that is beyond scepticism. That's sheer paranoia. :)
Euler

People seem to believe what they want.

When I held the meet and greet at our offices, on the wall is all the evidence you need to see what I've achieved over the years. Somebody did a write up of the visit and mentioned a letter from Betfair that was also on the wall. He got heavily attacked and called a faker etc. etc.

But he had seen it all and the offices, and yet somehow, it wasn't real. Just crazy.

I think it would great though if Betfair did validate lifetime P&L's because then some would have to explain why they have been posting P&L's and positioning themselves as full-timers, yet their lifetime shows a completely different picture. It would be hilarious.

Never going to happen though, as it would show that Betfair themselves were complicit in promoting and marketing individuals whose track records just don't justify it.
mcfc1981

Always liked the idea of having lifetime P/L next to username on the Betfair forum :lol:
Derek27

mcfc1981 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:37 pm
Always liked the idea of having lifetime P/L next to username on the Betfair forum :lol:
...especially when you have an overnight botting disaster and everybody knows how much you lost before you've even got up. :lol:
weemac

In my office-working lifetime one of the worst experiences was discovering what my peers earned, especially if it was more than me. Almost as bad was knowing that someone else knew how much I earned, regardless of whether it was more or less than them.

You really are better off not knowing. The resentment just burns you up.
Atho55

How about seeing who subscribe to Bet Angel software instead....
Derek27

weemac wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:14 pm
In my office-working lifetime one of the worst experiences was discovering what my peers earned, especially if it was more than me. Almost as bad was knowing that someone else knew how much I earned, regardless of whether it was more or less than them.

You really are better off not knowing. The resentment just burns you up.
When I worked in an office I just assumed everybody got paid more than I did. After all, you're not likely to get a pay rise turning up late to work every day. :)
Derek27

Atho55 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:29 pm
...and password access to bank accounts, document vaults and all social media accounts. What do us forum members have to hide? :)
eightbo

malgilb wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:38 pm
I'm afraid i am starting to get Sceptical about sports trading and what is being claimed by those that apparently make a success of it. I am not the cleverest person in the world but am far from the dumbest. I have viewed all the trading videos once , twice and sometimes many more. I have read the user guide until my eyes hurt and have purchased and downloaded "An Expert Guide". I have tried everything out many, many times. I'm not claiming that there is any dishonesty going on but i cannot see how anybody can predict or work out where the price is going with the way it jumps about so badly. I am not normally a sceptic and would like someone to prove without a doubt that trading on sports can be a way of making money.
Dogma is the enemy of progress. How do you expect to open the door if you do not believe it exists?
wearthefoxhat

Atho55 wrote:
Does dipping in and out @0.99p count? ;)
Archery1969

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:07 pm
Atho55 wrote:
Does dipping in and out @0.99p count? ;)
:lol:
wearthefoxhat

Nice trade throughout the day, all done pre-off.

burnleyvWat.jpg
graph.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

#photoshop ;)
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:59 pm
#photoshop ;)
Nope all genuine.Here are the Lay orders. 8-)

Lays1.jpg
Lays2.jpg

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”