When to enter a market?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Jimbo95

Hi there,
I have been trying to assess when to enter a market. I have tried entering at 10 min mark with reasonable success with a view to exiting around the 5 min mark. More recently, I have been entering at the 3 min mark and exiting pre start of the race however have have found this more volatile and challenging. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
decomez6

Jimbo95 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:36 am
Hi there,
I have been trying to assess when to enter a market. I have tried entering at 10 min mark with reasonable success with a view to exiting around the 5 min mark. More recently, I have been entering at the 3 min mark and exiting pre start of the race however have have found this more volatile and challenging. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Volatility is dependent on the race type ,liquidity... Do you go for favourites or outsiders...
Are you scalping or swinging ...
See ... there is no one answer fit all , it all depends on your bank and tolerance.
I will open a trade when The order- flow indicates a directional bias and close when the balance is restored .
Hope that helps.
Jimbo95

Thx for the reply, focus on favourites currently and flow trading so trying to pick up directional movement

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”