Offset Changes

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
gaz36f

I am placing bets with the general settings 'Offset bet with greening and trailing stop'.

However, something weird is happening if the market is momentarily suspended, for whatever reason but well before the event start time.

For example, I place a back bet @ 5.5. I have the offset at 8 ticks with the stop trigger ticks (15) and places at ticks (18). When I place the bet, an unmatched lay bet is entered at 4.4 with a auto close of 7.4, placing at 8.

However, if the market is (very briefly) suspended, the unmatched lay bet disappears and is replaced with one that has my auto close position - i.e. place the bet when lay odds are 7.4.

Is there a way to stop this happening and keep the initial unmatched bet following a momentary suspension?

Thanks, Gary
Dallas

No, what's happening is stops get triggered off the best back/lay prices, so if a chuck of money suddenly disappears and the current best back/lay is now past your stop trigger it will place it.

You could replicate what your doing with a Servant, I've added a few examples on using stops, triailing stops etc) to the shared servants section
viewforum.php?f=58

You'd then just need a 'time since market unsuspended condition' is greater than 1 sec
just to allow it to reform before being able to trigger

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”