How To Fund Betfair Account From 'No Gambling' Countries?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
diablodavo

Hi.

I live in Thailand and gambling is somewhat illegal here. When I say 'somewhat' I mean it is rarely enforced and there are even Thai bookmaker sites that are supposedly being run by top police commanders and probably politicians as they are the ones who run most illegal activity here.

I have been trying to fund my Betfair account for a week and everything I try gets blocked. I have tried my Credit card and it always fails, I have tried Skrill and Neteller but if I mark transfer as gambling money it gets blocked by the bank of Thailand and if I mark it as not gambling money then it gets blocked when trying to deposit into Betfair.

I have spent a week trying to work out how to do this reading just about everything on the internet but it all fails. Very frustrating seeing as I have spent about 2 solid months researching sports trading.

I read that Betfair also allows Paypal to fund it but I can't see anywhere on Betfair deposit system to use Paypal.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Dallas

Credit card deposits were banned for all bookmaker sites here in the UK last year so pretty sure thats why BF won't take a CC payment from you regardless of where your credit card is registered.

Which country is your Betfair account registered in?
Do you not have any funding source's in that country ie, bank accounts?
diablodavo

It's registered here in Thailand.
The Silk Run

You need to cross borders into either Laos, or Campuchia. In Thailand it's the religion that is opposed to gambling, the law just follows-on !!! Paddy Power Betfair have no licences in Asia, apart from Australia. The Asians won't let them ....
Derek27

Strange. When I used to frequent my local betting shop in the 90s the place was packed with Thailanders, if there is such a word. I just assumed Thailand must be a gambling nation.
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:10 pm
Strange. When I used to frequent my local betting shop in the 90s the place was packed with Thailanders, if there is such a word. I just assumed Thailand must be a gambling nation.
I expect they were the good old days DEX. What are we left with now :shock:
Vladimir CC

betfair accepts deposits with PaySafeCard. that's how I deposited when I was 18 and didn't have a bank account
https://www.paysafecard.com/en-gb/use/sports-betting/
Realrocknrolla

Not sure if Thailand folk are Siamese.

Could be wong πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Derek27

Realrocknrolla wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:01 pm

Could be wong πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
I thought only cats were Siamese. :lol:
Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Realrocknrolla

Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:08 pm

Could be wong πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
I thought only cats were Siamese. :lol:
Capture.GIF
There ya go.
diablodavo

Could be wong πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
The term for people from Thailand is 'Thais'.
Derek27

Vladimir CC wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:56 pm
betfair accepts deposits with PaySafeCard. that's how I deposited when I was 18 and didn't have a bank account
The important question is can you withdraw back to PaySafe card? I've used a PaySafe voucher before but withdrew back to my bank card.
Vladimir CC

Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:52 pm
The important question is can you withdraw back to PaySafe card? I've used a PaySafe voucher before but withdrew back to my bank card.
no you can't. but I think it's OP's only option. besides that, he needs to fund his account and be profitable in order to worry about withdrawing.
Derek27

Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:04 pm
no you can't. but I think it's OP's only option. besides that, he needs to fund his account and be profitable in order to worry about withdrawing.
You really need to worry about withdrawing before becoming/being profitable. Not much point in profiting on the exchange if you can't withdraw your funds. :)
Vladimir CC

Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:35 pm
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:04 pm

Not much point in profiting on the exchange if you can't withdraw your funds. :)
agree, but i think it s rather hard than impossible to find a solution to withdraw. in his case, he can open a bank acc in neighbouring myanmar if he thinks it's worth the effort

Return to β€œBet Angel for newbies / Getting started”