help me please

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
phungdao

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:15 am
phungdao wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:15 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:56 pm

It's for getting help after you've read the manual and find yourself stuck. I must have spent 4-5 hours reading through the manual (there are still parts I've yet to read). You've spent 10 hours putting your bot together but the time may have been better spent going through the manual and gaining an understanding of how it all works, there are no shortcuts.
ive spent about 30 hours watching vids and another 200 hours reading the manual, thats my point i thought forums to try your luck at getting help when its still not working,
You've spent 10 hours on your bot, 30 watching vids and 200 reading the manual. But how much time have you spent explaining what you want?

Try setting out what you want as though it's a program specification, for example:
  • Watch the market for the first half-hour of the game to see if a goal is scored
  • If a goal is scored AND the spread is no more than n ticks place a back bet on scorer/non-scorer at best price
  • Green-up after n minutes
yes exactly mate, also a part that if another goal scored ,which will put me in red , don't green up straight away let it ride or go bust
phungdao

phungdao wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:
phungdao wrote:

ive spent about 30 hours watching vids and another 200 hours reading the manual, thats my point i thought forums to try your luck at getting help when its still not working,
You've spent 10 hours on your bot, 30 watching vids and 200 reading the manual. But how much time have you spent explaining what you want?

Try setting out what you want as though it's a program specification, for example:
  • Watch the market for the first half-hour of the game to see if a goal is scored
  • If a goal is scored AND the spread is no more than n ticks place a back bet on scorer/non-scorer at best price
yes exactly mate, also a part that if another goal scored ,which will put me in red , don't green up straight away let it ride or go bust
sorry rebuke that last part about let it ride or go bust, i mean if second goal scored let it ride until i can cashout at 20% loss and if another goal scored let it ride
phungdao

phungdao wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:13 pm
phungdao wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

sorry rebuke that last part about let it ride or go bust, i mean if second goal scored let it ride until i can cashout at 20% loss and if another goal scored let it ride
its works on when i lay over 3.5 goals ,but when i back it under 3.5 goals it dont work, i have it as on parameter inside the back rule of place bet as back with fixed odds tried with back as liability of balance ,nadah not work
Derek27

phungdao wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
phungdao wrote:

What I wrote was just an example. You've spent 200 hours reading the manual but if you can't spend a bit of time clearly setting out exactly what you want it's not gonna be easy for anyone to help you!
Derek27

phungdao wrote:
phungdao wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Instead of posting to half-a-dozen threads about bits and pieces of your automation and adding changes, lay it all out clearly in one place!
phungdao

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:26 pm
phungdao wrote:
phungdao wrote:

Instead of posting to half-a-dozen threads about bits and pieces of your automation and adding changes, lay it all out clearly in one place!
stop reading my threads
Derek27

phungdao wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:11 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:26 pm
phungdao wrote:

stop reading my threads
Okay, good luck getting help if you don't want people to read your requests. :)
Trader724

I think he should be banned if he continues to spam the forum
phungdao

mate you the one that's getting wound upi already stated that i didnt want to offend anyone with my questions, all im saying is just leave me alone
Euler

phungdao wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:49 pm
mate you the one that's getting wound upi already stated that i didnt want to offend anyone with my questions, all im saying is just leave me alone
You need to radically rethink your approach to trying to get help on the forum. It's a community where experienced traders and users can, but are not obliged, to offer help. So bear that in mind when you ask for help here.
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:43 pm
phungdao wrote:
You need to radically rethink your approach to trying to get help on the forum. It's a community where experienced traders and users can, but are not obliged, to offer help. So bear that in mind when you ask for help here.
tbh -yet again, i'm thinking this could be one of those sad trawl user id's that pop up here every now and again. they always come across as quite desperate. if i'm wrong, i apologise on that front, but if you are *for real*, then you do need to listen to advice given regards how to frame your questions and more importantly, how to conduct yourself.

that said, i still go with the sad trawl id theory.. :(
phungdao

Euler wrote:
phungdao wrote:
why you getting wound up, let me just reiterate ,im just trying to get help,in my world when you need help you just ask politely, also if you trying to give help just do it politely, no offence, i dont want to piss anybody of, but ive talk to technical and they pointed me to the forum and ask thats all,peace
Derek27

phungdao wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:04 pm
Euler wrote:
phungdao wrote:
why you getting wound up, let me just reiterate ,im just trying to get help,in my world when you need help you just ask politely, also if you trying to give help just do it politely, no offence, i dont want to piss anybody of, but ive talk to technical and they pointed me to the forum and ask thats all,peace
There's no chance of getting help if you can't even be clear about what you want. You keep changing your mind and are unclear about it and you're not even willing to create a list of criteria in one place. Do you really expect anyone to go through all of your posts and try to piece it all together, on a Saturday of all days when we're busy trading, because you're too lazy to do it yourself?

"if second goal scored let it ride until i can cashout at 20% loss" You didn't even say what market you're talking about, whether you're backing or laying. Nobody's going to waste their time figuring out what you mean when you make so little effort!
phungdao

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:33 pm
phungdao wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:04 pm
Euler wrote:

There's no chance of getting help if you can't even be clear about what you want. You keep changing your mind and are unclear about it and you're not even willing to create a list of criteria in one place. Do you really expect anyone to go through all of your posts and try to piece it all together, on a Saturday of all days when we're busy trading, because you're too lazy to do it yourself?

"if second goal scored let it ride until i can cashout at 20% loss" You didn't even say what market you're talking about, whether you're backing or laying. Nobody's going to waste their time figuring out what you mean when you make so little effort!
ok peace
phungdao

jimibt wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:52 pm
Euler wrote:
phungdao wrote:
tbh -yet again, i'm thinking this could be one of those sad trawl user id's that pop up here every now and again. they always come across as quite desperate. if i'm wrong, i apologise on that front, but if you are *for real*, then you do need to listen to advice given regards how to frame your questions and more importantly, how to conduct yourself.

that said, i still go with the sad trawl id theory.. :(
ok peace,seems like im not liked on her, ill just get on and do what i can ,i try not to post on furom anymoreand sorry to anyone i honestly didnt mean to offend

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”