clueless automator needs input

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
phungdao

christ why wont this automayion work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

phungdao wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:53 pm
christ why wont this automayion work
It might help if you carefully and clearly explain what you're expecting it to do. I was struggling to understand your last post.
phungdao

hi derek mate , so i was trying to place bet in under3,5 goals market inplay, after a goals been scored,with all the stuff like wait till market not all over the place ,then greenup for 12% of stake or just redup for 20%of stake ,will this clarify things
phungdao

i forgot to say that the market price cant be diferent by 2% when backed,like the back price is no more than 2% diferent from lay price
Derek27

phungdao wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:43 pm
hi derek mate , so i was trying to place bet in under3,5 goals market inplay, after a goals been scored,with all the stuff like wait till market not all over the place ,then greenup for 12% of stake or just redup for 20%of stake ,will this clarify things
I hope you're running this in practice mode, it stakes 100% of your balance!

I think you'd be better off starting with a very simple rule file that simply places an offset bet and then work from there after you've tested each rule, rather than putting them all in at once.

Your rule file will only trigger when the signal goal=1, but I don't think you've set it anywhere so that's probably why it doesn't trigger. Furthermore, you can't decide what percentage you green-up or red-up after a goal, the market decides what the new price is, how much you green for is dependant on the price.
phungdao wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:25 pm
i forgot to say that the market price cant be diferent by 2% when backed,like the back price is no more than 2% diferent from lay price
Your file specifies 2 ticks rather than 2%.
phungdao

yes mate noted,ive been putting it together with other free automation files ,lol adding bits and bob from different automation i got from the forum,yes i reliased about ticks now,had the wrong idea about it ,keep thinking thats one way to get it to differtiate at 2%,this bet angel like a new language to me and getting use to it is going take time i know but im willing to listen and learn
i very much appreciate you taking your time to respond
jamesg46

I looked at your automation earlier and it looks to me that you'd be better off getting what you want by editing the following,

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=21353

The foundation for your automation is here already, if it can tell you the score at HT you can edit it to tell you the score anytime, & if it alerts a watchlist you could change it to trigger a bet... obviously then your conditions you can add yourself.
phungdao

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:50 pm
phungdao wrote:

I think you'd be better off starting with a very simple rule file that simply places an offset bet and then work from there after you've tested each rule, rather than putting them all in at once.

Your rule file will only trigger when the signal goal=1, but I don't think you've set it anywhere so that's probably why it doesn't trigger. Furthermore, you can't decide what percentage you green-up or red-up after a goal, the market decides what the new price is, how much you green for is dependant on the price.
phungdao wrote:
if you can make it work ,ill be willing to pay
Derek27

phungdao wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:18 pm
Derek27 wrote:
phungdao wrote:

phungdao wrote:
I can't make it work because I'm not entirely clear what you want. People on this forum generally don't charge for simple tasks. We're here to help you get going with BA. If you have to pay to achieve a simple rules file you'll have a massive bill when you want something more complex and frequently modified!
phungdao

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:28 pm
phungdao wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

I can't make it work because I'm not entirely clear what you want. People on this forum generally don't charge for simple tasks. We're here to help you get going with BA. If you have to pay to achieve a simple rules file you'll have a massive bill when you want something more complex and frequently modified!
thanks mate, ill try and explain it clearly, my reasoning for putting 100 % balance as stake is that everything in my balance should go onto the market or next market, ill wait for a goal to be scored within the first 30 mins of a match and enter the market of under 3.5 goals with condition that
1: the spread not wider than 2% max 3 %,
2: the price> than 1.5
3: i can greenup at 10 mins
4: i can wait until my losses is 20% or bust
can u understand
test u 3.5 goals 1.2.baf
i know if these condition not true it wont trigger,
ive been trying for last few days for 10 hours aday , i know how to populate the matches
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

phungdao wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:54 pm
Derek27 wrote:
phungdao wrote:

thanks mate, ill try and explain it clearly, my reasoning for putting 100 % balance as stake is that everything in my balance should go onto the market or next market, ill wait for a goal to be scored within the first 30 mins of a match and enter the market of under 3.5 goals with condition that
can u understand test u 3.5 goals 1.2.baf i know if these condition not true it wont trigger,
ive been trying for last few days for 10 hours aday , i know how to populate the matches
My suggestion would be to create one condition at a time, test it in practice mode to make sure the bet fires and then move onto the next rule.

You can start by creating a rule to fire a bet that's active from in-play to 30:00.

The first condition can be price>1.5, when that triggers move onto the next condition.

2% is 2 ticks under 2.0, 3 ticks under 3.0, 2 ticks under 4.0. It's not possible for the spread to be less than 3% at higher prices; 10 - 10.5 is near 5%, so you might be better off having a condition to check the spread is less than a few ticks. Alternatively you can use book percentage to check that the prices are competitive.

I'm not sure what you mean by green-up at 10 minutes. If you mean 10 minutes after a goal you can have a rule that sets a signal when the price has changed substantially that triggers another rule that greens up after 10 minutes. But get the first steps working first. Your problem is you've put all these rules together so you won't know which one's not working.
phungdao

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:52 pm
phungdao wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

can u understand test u 3.5 goals 1.2.baf i know if these condition not true it wont trigger,
My suggestion would be to create one condition at a time, test it in practice mode to make sure the bet fires and then move onto the next rule.

You can start by creating a rule to fire a bet that's active from in-play to 30:00.

The first condition can be price>1.5, when that triggers move onto the next condition.

2% is 2 ticks under 2.0, 3 ticks under 3.0, 2 ticks under 4.0. It's not possible for the spread to be less than 3% at higher prices; 10 - 10.5 is near 5%, so you might be better off having a condition to check the spread is less than a few ticks. Alternatively you can use book percentage to check that the prices are competitive.

I'm not sure what you mean by green-up at 10 minutes. If you mean 10 minutes after a goal you can have a rule that sets a signal when the price has changed substantially that triggers another rule that greens up after 10 minutes. But get the first steps working first. Your problem is you've put all these rules together so you won't know which one's not working.
im not trying to be rude, but i've tested the fire bets from in-play 05 secs till 30 mins, rule name place back bet under 3.5 goals
rule type ;placebet in row 1 as its a back bet
then you saying i should structure the price in, no problem
then i struture the greeningup
my understanding that greening in parameters will trigger if bets reach parameter of 12% with offset bet with greening
condition
1 its inplay
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:52 pm
phungdao wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

This is.great advice... editing the file i mentioned earlier is too!
Derek27

phungdao wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:12 pm
im not trying to be rude, but i've tested the fire bets from in-play 05 secs till 30 mins, rule name place back bet under 3.5 goals
rule type ;placebet in row 1 as its a back bet
then you saying i should structure the price in, no problem
then i struture the greeningup
my understanding that greening in parameters will trigger if bets reach parameter of 12% with offset bet with greening
condition
1 its inplay
I'm no expert, mainly a manual trader but your rules file does look a little over-complicated for what it's doing. I'm not sure that in-play condition is necessary when the rule is set to fire in-play.

Have you done what I suggested and checked that the bot is doing what you're expecting before adding the next rule/condition?

Alternatively take James' advice. There are servants that do similar that can be modified to place your required bets. That could be quicker/easier.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”