In Guardian SAVE Nominated Selections

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
CK2021

Hi,

Once I've finished adding all the nominated Selections in Guardian is the a way to save these ?

I know we can save the markets but it would be helpful to save the selections we have added as on more than one occasion I've accidently closed down the wrong Bet Angel when I have more than one open and have to spend more time adding them back in again.

If it's not available maybe it's something to add to the list of new features for a future update ?

CK
Dallas

The option of saving rules files and nominated selection were added as part of the latest version (V1.56)
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro

Full list of new features and updates added in V1.56
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/v1_56_overview.html
CK2021

Thanks for the reply Dallas, it does save the selections with the markets if you close Guardian down and reopen but does not seem to save the selections when closing BA down and when reopening BA then Guardian only the markets show up.

Is this something I've missed perhaps?
Dallas

CK2021 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:25 pm
Thanks for the reply Dallas, it does save the selections with the markets if you close Guardian down and reopen but does not seem to save the selections when closing BA down and when reopening BA then Guardian only the markets show up.

Is this something I've missed perhaps?
Do you have the Save automation rules and nominated selection boxes ticked on the 'List' tab
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/market_list.html

And are you clicking the 'save markets' button on the 'Markets' tab, or clicking 'yes' when prompted to save when closing Guardian?
CK2021

Thanks for that Dallas,

These 2 tabs are opposite ends of the tab row.......... I did not realize they were connected that way, my apologies.

That helps with saving 1 instance of selections in Guardian BUT not for more than 1 instance of Guardian or am I wrong?

EXAMPLE:

I have 5 instances of BetAngel open all with their own nominated selections in 5 instances of Guardian that I hand picked along with their own rules file loaded, if the PC was to restart due to updates, power cut for 5 minutes or in my world my brain accidently thinks it's wise to close down the wrong instance of BetAngel those selections only seem to save in 1 instance, there is no way to load the other 4 instances of selections I had in the other 4 BetAngel's I had open.
Dallas

CK2021 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:27 pm
Thanks for that Dallas,

These 2 tabs are opposite ends of the tab row.......... I did not realize they were connected that way, my apologies.

That helps with saving 1 instance of selections in Guardian BUT not for more than 1 instance of Guardian or am I wrong?

EXAMPLE:

I have 5 instances of BetAngel open all with their own nominated selections in 5 instances of Guardian that I hand picked along with their own rules file loaded, if the PC was to restart due to updates, power cut for 5 minutes or in my world my brain accidently thinks it's wise to close down the wrong instance of BetAngel those selections only seem to save in 1 instance, there is no way to load the other 4 instances of selections I had in the other 4 BetAngel's I had open.
You'd need to run each instance of Bet Angel from its own directory to do this, the process of creating a new directory (which you'd have to do 4 times) is detailed here
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=17945
Black Ice

Hi Dallas! Help please! I'm missing prices when I hedge IN PLAY as the price shoots back out having backed something due to the 1 second delay. Is there any way i can set up a rule to Hedge at 2nd/3rd best price when i click to hedge. Example yesterday layed at 7s..but long gone & finally saved a few pence at 90. What I'm attempting to do is save a proportion of my back stake?? Many thanks.
CK2021

Dallas wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:23 am
CK2021 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:27 pm
Thanks for that Dallas,

EXAMPLE:

You'd need to run each instance of Bet Angel from its own directory to do this, the process of creating a new directory (which you'd have to do 4 times) is detailed here
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=17945

Thanks for the reply Dallas.... much appreciated.
sun1

Dallas wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:55 am
The option of saving rules files and nominated selection were added as part of the latest version (V1.56)
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro

Full list of new features and updates added in V1.56
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/v1_56_overview.html
Thanks for this updates . . . . . .
All I need for the automation . . . .
Dallas

Black Ice wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:57 am
Hi Dallas! Help please! I'm missing prices when I hedge IN PLAY as the price shoots back out having backed something due to the 1 second delay. Is there any way i can set up a rule to Hedge at 2nd/3rd best price when i click to hedge. Example yesterday layed at 7s..but long gone & finally saved a few pence at 90. What I'm attempting to do is save a proportion of my back stake?? Many thanks.
If you use the 'Close Trade on Selection (with or without greening)' on the Parameters tab you have the option of specifying where the bet is placed at

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”