Coding help for profitable pattern

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Dazjw2311

I am an experienced profitable forex trader and new to Betangel. I found the pattern i trade in forex to be very consistent in horses pre race markets. I would like some help in coding this as its very simple and would only like to lay markets only when other horses are being backed.

Is there anybody on here with experience that could help me. I am willing to pay
ShaunWhite

What type of coding, Guardian, vba or something else? Fixed rules or configurable via a front end? Fixed price or hourly rate? What's your budget? Any ongoing SLA required ?
jamesg46

Here rocks up your opportunity goat. Don't let this pass you by.
goat68

Dazjw2311 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:09 pm
I am an experienced profitable forex trader and new to Betangel. I found the pattern i trade in forex to be very consistent in horses pre race markets. I would like some help in coding this as its very simple and would only like to lay markets only when other horses are being backed.

Is there anybody on here with experience that could help me. I am willing to pay
Hi there,
I'm sure I can help. You say Betangel, so I presume you're thinking creating a Guardian bot? If you want to share snippets of what kind of signals/rules you're looking to create and how you want the bot to function...? PM me if needed.
Cheers
G
Trader Pat

Dazjw2311 wrote:

Hate to be a party pooper but you do realise if your 'pattern' is any way profitable you'll be giving it away to somebody else and paying them for the privilege?

Coding be it VBA or Guardian or whatever isn't difficult to learn if you put in the time and people on the forum will help you through the process.

But giving over a potential edge and paying somebody to bring it to life is madness. Best case scenario is your edge doesn't exist and you're just out of pocket by however much you're paying someone to code it for you, worst case scenario your edge does exist and you've just given it away to somebody else.
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:14 pm
Dazjw2311 wrote:

Hate to be a party pooper but you do realise if your 'pattern' is any way profitable you'll be giving it away to somebody else and paying them for the privilege?

Coding be it VBA or Guardian or whatever isn't difficult to learn if you put in the time and people on the forum will help you through the process.

But giving over a potential edge and paying somebody to bring it to life is madness. Best case scenario is your edge doesn't exist and you're just out of pocket by however much you're paying someone to code it for you, worst case scenario your edge does exist and you've just given it away to somebody else.
Personally I think differently about it. Patterns are usually based on price action. More people trading the same pattern or price action the stronger it becomes... maybe getting out though is where people start cutting each others throats.
ShaunWhite

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:20 pm
Personally I think differently about it. Patterns are usually based on price action. More people trading the same pattern or price action the stronger it becomes... maybe getting out though is where people start cutting each others throats.
It's like a pyramid scheme, everyone rides the wave and you take it in turns to be the schmuck who's paying. :)
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:55 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:20 pm
It's like a pyramid scheme, everyone rides the wave and you take it in turns to be the schmuck who's paying. :)
Exactly! :lol:

And how big the pyramid is depends on how big the edge is!

Some 'edges' are only profitable while there's one person implementing it, others can take more people along for the ride but ultimately when too many people start doing the same thing it's not profitable for anyone anymore
jamesg46

I suppose we will have to stop watching those YouTube videos that explain trades in detail then?
jamesg46

Yes/No, or don't want to get into it?
jimibt

good night vienna - i think that's what come's to mind ;) :D
jamesg46

jimibt wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:24 pm
good night vienna - i think that's what come's to mind ;) :D
Peter has a video in the pipeline of a detailed trade. Maybe if Pat gives us some depth to his comment it'll stop some from falling into a scheme.
jamesg46

& before Pat uses my past spats with other forum members, I'm genuinely just asking a question. How is a YouTube video that has 15k views not a scheme but someone asking for help automating a strategy is. Two people trying the same thing... 15k people trying same thing. Be consistent with your bull shit... for what it's worth I have a great deal of respect for what Peter puts out there, then again I see an edge for what it is. Half wits see it as something that can be lost.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:11 pm
& before Pat uses my past spats with other forum members, I'm genuinely just asking a question. How is a YouTube video that has 15k views not a scheme but someone asking for help automating a strategy is. Two people trying the same thing... 15k people trying same thing. Be consistent with your bull shit... for what it's worth I have a great deal of respect for what Peter puts out there, then again I see an edge for what it is. Half wits see it as something that can be lost.
You get wound up easily over fleeting comments!

You can't give away your edge by explaining how you trade manually. Peter doesn't say, "at Wolverhampton I always back the favourite 5 minutes out at best price, set a stop loss of 5 ticks, green up at the off or 20 ticks away, whatever comes first".

He says, "there's strong support for the favourite here, more money coming in, second and third looks week, I'm just waiting to see if the favourite breaks 3.0, etc".

They're not precise instructions, you don't know exactly what he's thinking so he's only helping you along and offering guidance, you can't strictly copy what he's doing. Automation, on the other hand, can involve handing over your precise method to the coder.

That said, if I was paying a coder to automate trading I'd just want the mechanism coded with a user control panel to set the parameters of the trade.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:42 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:11 pm
You get wound up easily over fleeting comments!

You can't give away your edge by explaining how you trade manually. Peter doesn't say, "at Wolverhampton I always back the favourite 5 minutes out at best price, set a stop loss of 5 ticks, green up at the off or 20 ticks away, whatever comes first".

He says, "there's strong support for the favourite here, more money coming in, second and third looks week, I'm just waiting to see if the favourite breaks 3.0, etc".

They're not precise instructions, you don't know exactly what he's thinking so he's only helping you along and offering guidance, you can't strictly copy what he's doing. Automation, on the other hand, can involve handing over your precise method to the coder.

That said, if I was paying a coder to automate trading I'd just want the mechanism coded with a user control panel to set the parameters of the trade.
I blame my passive aggressive personality :lol:

Imo you cant give away an "edge" as a manual trader, every market is unique & dictated by supply & demand. My passive aggressive personality gets frustrated with this ABCD mentality. An edge isn't a fixed asset & it really does piss me off when people portray it that way.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”