Guardian Automation

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
mrgt4mark

Hi, I'm trying to do an automation in the Football market where i am using the odds of the Match favourite to be between x and y and also the Over 2.5 goals to be between x and y.
If the criteria match i place a back bet in the Over 2.5 goals market.
The 2 part question is, should there be some sort of log data displayed even if the criteria dont match, i have the automation to start 1 min before start, i watched it go past this and then it did the Match suspended, in play, unsuspended but i was expecting some data to say it had checked the odds, did my rule not run?
2nd question, is there a way to simulate automation without waiting for games to happen.
Thanks
Mark
sphilipmyer

When you check the odds you might be able to keep them as stored values and then check these in the Log.
Dallas

There wouldn't be nothing in the log if the rule/s didn't meet your conditions, but you could add some Signal rules to set a signal if your criteria isn't , met which is then written to the log if thats the case

This might also help if you want to check the general set up of your rules files
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16232
mrgt4mark

Thanks, Got ya,
So if the criteria isn't matched it wont write into the log and wont bother running the 2nd rule. Is that right.
That explains why it gave a signal for one of my selections on the Match Odds but did nothing on the Over 2.5 rule.
Couldn't understand why it showed a log in one selection but not in any other's even though its the same rule.
If it doesn't match, it doesn't log and doesn't progress to the next.
mrgt4mark

So i have altered the criteria and got the Match odds signal to give a value of 1, Then O.25 signal gave a value of 1 but it still didn't place the back bet.
Match odds check runs at 1:10 mins before the start, O 2.5 odds check runs 1:00 before start and the Place the Back bet runs 0:55 secs before the start.
The Match odds check is Automation rule 1 in the Match Odds market.
The O2.5 goals rule is Automation rule 1 in O 2.5 goals market and the Place the Back Bet is Automation rule 2 in the O 2.5 goals market.
Have attached my settings to point me in the right direction as to what i'm doing wrong.
Thanks
betangel no1.PNG
Betangel no2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

The signals are both being set on the 'Market'
But the signal set conditions are both looking for signal set on the 'Selection'

Just changing those to 'Market' should resolve it
mrgt4mark

Nope, still doesn't what to run.
This is how the Play Back bet rule looks, both signals say 1 for the Market.
The Place back bet rule should place the bet when both are set to 1. What am i missing ?
betangel mod rev 2 a.png
betangel mod rev 2 a Place back bet.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Are you using stored values to connect the markets?
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=16230

I've just noticed you haven't included any images of those settings?
mrgt4mark

No, i thought you could just use a signal set to trigger a rule, obviously not.
Right, so have changed it to use a stored value.
The log showed this
01/04/2021 18:30:01: [G_Auto 1] : Store Value (Shared) for market: Over 2.5 Odds Check = 2.22
01/04/2021 18:30:00: [G_Auto 1] : Store Value (Shared) for market: Matched Odds Check = 2.58
As i am doing between 1.7 and 3 on match odds and the same for Over 2.5 (just for testing) do i need to have 2 rules for the Match odds check and 2 for the Over 2.5 as i was expect 4 values in the log but only have 2 despite the Place back rule asking for 2 as below on screen shot
betangel mod rev 2 b stored values.png

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”