App for multiple alarms?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Anbell

Does anyone have a good app where I can easily add 100 alarms for the day? Ideally it'd use a desktop interface.

Basically, at the start of the day, I want to set an alarm to go off 2 mins before every race. Then I can go about my business around the house, doing dishes, gardening, tooting, whatever, and always get a timely reminder to get back to my desk on time.

I currently set an alarm using google every time I want to leave my desk, but it is a fallible process.
sniffer66

If it was me I'd be looking at a hands off approach so you could do it all in one click

I have a script that downloads race data from RP every morning, which includes the UK race time. That all gets dumped to an array. A few amendments and the script could loop through that array every x seconds and generate a mail\text\message to your phone 2 mins prior to each race start time

Trying to set something like that up manually would be painful each day.
ODPaul82

I use outlook and just set reminders to ping up, helps me plan out the day (tennis, footie) but with volume of horse races not sure it would be so great for that.
Anbell

sniffer66 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:20 am
If it was me I'd be looking at a hands off approach so you could do it all in one click

I have a script that downloads race data from RP every morning, which includes the UK race time. That all gets dumped to an array. A few amendments and the script could loop through that array every x seconds and generate a mail\text\message to your phone 2 mins prior to each race start time

Yeah, manually would suck, but I'm looking for an improvement to current situation.

I guess I had in mind a situation where I could grab all the race data for the day, manually massage that to get just the race times into a csv, and then import that into an app to set off the alarms all day.

Thanks.
Anbell

ODPaul82 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:28 am
I use outlook and just set reminders to ping up, helps me plan out the day (tennis, footie) but with volume of horse races not sure it would be so great for that.
Yeah, the volume is a bit of an issue.
ODPaul82

Why not modify the sound alert setting in BA to trigger at 120 seconds playing a noise.
Could have market refresh rate on a BA restricted so you'll know that it will play
rik

I use the watch if there are feature races or important events that i dont want to miss as always on the wrist so doesnt have to be a loud alarm, but maybe not so practical for 100s of races
Otherwise you could preload the next race you want to trade and have an alarm set in betangel settings at 2 minutes?
Anbell

Yeah, thanks. I want something on the phone though, so that I can hear it if I'm in the garden or pool or garage or whatever
sniffer66

Anbell wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:32 am
sniffer66 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:20 am

Yeah, manually would suck, but I'm looking for an improvement to current situation.

I guess I had in mind a situation where I could grab all the race data for the day, manually massage that to get just the race times into a csv, and then import that into an app to set off the alarms all day.

Thanks.
PM me, I have a script that will do that. Then there are functions you can add to send an SMS via a free service or email. Email would do if you then get a notification on your phone

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”