Please help!

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:42 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:25 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:09 am

I was talking metaphorically. As for what some people think of other people, I for one couldn't care any less - people have the right to slag off others in private if they've got nothing better to do, and unless they speak directly to the person they're slagging off it shouldn't be of any concern.

I know you tried to make SB believe that forumites were talking about him behind his back, that's a common trick amongst first school children and I don't even approve of it amongst children, never mind adults! You seem to portray yourself as someone with a lot of friends on the forum and know all the gossip of what people are saying about other members, but I'm not convinced. Traders generally have better things to do than gossip. :)
It wasn't a trick,.I have the pm's to prove it. My attitude did change from that point on but only because how someone lied just to attack me. Don't believe me that SB was lying, ask Kai & Dallas.
I'm not interested in the contents of PMs that aren't addressed to me but they should be kept private and not spilt on the forum - that's the very purpose of PMs.
Funny, you're suddenly not interested. For once I agree with you, I wouldn't have posted them anyway...

What people shouldn't do is paint the picture of me being nasty when behind the scenes other perceptions of people are being painted. You included. What I maintain is I'll say what think & I'll say it to you.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:03 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:42 am
jamesg46 wrote:

It wasn't a trick,.I have the pm's to prove it. My attitude did change from that point on but only because how someone lied just to attack me. Don't believe me that SB was lying, ask Kai & Dallas.
I'm not interested in the contents of PMs that aren't addressed to me but they should be kept private and not spilt on the forum - that's the very purpose of PMs.
Funny, you're suddenly not interested. For once I agree with you, I wouldn't have posted them anyway...

What people shouldn't do is paint the picture of me being nasty when behind the scenes other perceptions of people are being painted. You included. What I maintain is I'll say what think & I'll say it to you.
This is now a continuation of the thread that's been locked, so I'm not going to carry on with this discussion. I'll just end by saying nobody painted a picture of you being nasty. You painted a picture of yourself - people can only see what you painted.
Silverthorn

RIP Undockedstar. :cry:

I guess they call that "Collateral Damage". It happens in warfare some times.
Kai

Guys it's not my place to appeal to your common sense (Dallas tried earlier, he's the admin so that's his role) but this isn't high school, you're all grownass men... bringing up old drama will only create new drama, it's all how you treat each other now, if you have zero respect for one another then why bother interacting at all, it takes 2 to argue. If you're confused then simplify it, you're either contributing with positive and helpful posting or contributing with negative posts, you choose how you want to contribute so shouldn't be any surprises when you get negative feedback if you've contributed with too much negativity, that much should be obvious. Burn bridges and alienate people at your own risk and peril, this may be an internet forum but these are real people (except Danny the obvious benign troll, sorry Danny). Yes, different personalities will rub each other wrong but no need to keep making mountains out of molehills and hijacking every thread with irrelevant personal stuff. Keep doing that and you'll force the admins to moderate more and then you'll complain about freedom of speech.

I don't even read the drama parts, I skip it and get tired of seeing it, don't we all, that's why I sometimes try to appeal to your common sense as well, and clearly fail spectacularly :lol: This isn't going to help either, getting involved, but I'm gambling on the off chance that it helps to resolve something, but it won't since people are too upset :)
jamesg46 wrote:
My attitude did change from that point on but only because how someone lied just to attack me. Don't believe me that SB was lying, ask Kai & Dallas.
If this is about why Shaun left the first time and who was to blame then that should be simple enough, if that's the source of the spat. But only Shaun can answer why he left, not my place to even try and talk on his behalf, about personal life stuff, up to him whether he wants to share anything. I do remember James being worried and genuinely asking whether it was because of one harmless little joke, which was nonsense, I already stated my opinion in some random thread when I said he left because of all the nasty jibes towards him, that was my opinion, thought it was obvious since all could see it :)

Can pin it on me if you want, I don't really care, if it will stop the bickering for once :D To be fair, I've kept in touch with Shaun outside the forum and was telling him not to neglect his automation work etc, always felt his advice was underappreciated by most all the newbies, he's given way too much to the forum and usually first one to give advice, so I'm glad he took a break to work on his other projects. Forum is only a forum, people are free to come and go, and aren't obligated to share anything :)
Derek27

Undockedstar wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:48 pm
Hi all,

I would like to start by saying i know no one is going to tell me there strategy, obviously that's there edge. I don't expect anything to be easy or that someone will hold my hand whilst learning :lol:
I have watched the training videos on here, also some Caan Berry (i think his name is). I've been lurking around, reading what i can but in all honesty, my head is a little frazzled!
I have no clue what to look, watch or read next. At first i thought i would play around backing under 2.5 goals, cash out after 10mins, i realised VERY quickly that wasn't going to work out.
Can anyone point me in the right direction ? I will put in the time that is needed, like any skill i know trading isn't a get rich quick scheme and needs patience, time and effort.
Thank you :D
Sorry your thread got sidetracked Undockedstar, and welcome to the forum.

If you go to the academy that Kai linked to you'll find a lot of strategies in different sports demonstrated. I'd suggest you pick a few sport/strategy that interests you and play around with small stakes. Spend a bit of time on each before moving to another.

If under 2.5 markets appeal to you, have a look at the soccer course. There's a couple of videos covering it. I wouldn't randomly back unders/draw and trade out after 10 minutes - things are never that simple. Consider what price the team will at the time you intend to close.

If you watch a lot of football keep a selection of markets on your watchlist if you're using BA and keep an eye on them. After a while you'll get a feel for how the markets move and when the O/U and draw prices accelerate. Good luck.
ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:26 am
If this is about why Shaun left the first time ...
The fun stopped, so I stopped... as advised.

1. I felt certain comments should have been moderated, and didn't feel I wanted my name attached to the forum anymore.
2. Getting involved in the BS took time I realised could be occupied better.
3. Actual trading chat was rare or lightweight and nobody seemed very interested in the deeper topics, plus I don't actually use BA, or like sport.
4. Was spending more time on other conversations, afterall this forum isn't the whole trading world and being frank it's a bit behind the curve.
5. Bought a house and was doing the drawings for remodelling it.

Probably 10 more reasons, but I doubt many people care why it was. Not much has changed in 6 months, so when I get my planning application signed-off I'll probaby fck off again.
LeTiss

To be honest Shaun, there has been a change. Perhaps it mirrors the anger and division that we see on Social Media in general

I first starting posting on BA forum in 2008/2009?

There were always lots of threads that were not entirely focused on pure trading, but there was a great deal of humour back then
That seems to have gone

Personally, I think Peter and Dallas need to get rid of threads that have absolutely no relevance to trading markets
Also, this may prove unpopular (I don't want to create a 'them' and 'us' atmosphere), but I think proven PC payers should have a star next to their user name.....that will seperate proper traders from the newbies or fantasists
LeTiss

LeTiss wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:54 am
To be honest Shaun, there has been a change. Perhaps it mirrors the anger and division that we see on Social Media in general

There were always lots of threads that were not entirely focused on pure trading, but there was a great deal of humour back then
That seems to have gone

Personally, I think Peter and Dallas need to get rid of threads that have absolutely no relevance to trading or markets
Also, this may prove unpopular (I don't want to create a 'them' and 'us' atmosphere), but I think proven PC payers should have a star next to their user name.....that will seperate proper traders from the newbies or fantasists
LeTiss

That seems to have gone

Personally, I think Peter and Dallas need to get rid of threads that have absolutely no relevance to trading or markets
LeTiss

What the fook has gone on there :lol:
megarain

+1
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Guys it's not my place to appeal to your common sense (Dallas tried earlier, he's the admin so that's his role) but this isn't high school, you're all grownass men... bringing up old drama will only create new drama, it's all how you treat each other now, if you have zero respect for one another then why bother interacting at all, it takes 2 to argue. If you're confused then simplify it, you're either contributing with positive and helpful posting or contributing with negative posts, you choose how you want to contribute so shouldn't be any surprises when you get negative feedback if you've contributed with too much negativity, that much should be obvious. Burn bridges and alienate people at your own risk and peril, this may be an internet forum but these are real people (except Danny the obvious benign troll, sorry Danny). Yes, different personalities will rub each other wrong but no need to keep making mountains out of molehills and hijacking every thread with irrelevant personal stuff. Keep doing that and you'll force the admins to moderate more and then you'll complain about freedom of speech.

I don't even read the drama parts, I skip it and get tired of seeing it, don't we all, that's why I sometimes try to appeal to your common sense as well, and clearly fail spectacularly :lol: This isn't going to help either, getting involved, but I'm gambling on the off chance that it helps to resolve something, but it won't since people are too upset :)
jamesg46 wrote:
My attitude did change from that point on but only because how someone lied just to attack me. Don't believe me that SB was lying, ask Kai & Dallas.
If this is about why Shaun left the first time and who was to blame then that should be simple enough, if that's the source of the spat. But only Shaun can answer why he left, not my place to even try and talk on his behalf, about personal life stuff, up to him whether he wants to share anything. I do remember James being worried and genuinely asking whether it was because of one harmless little joke, which was nonsense, I already stated my opinion in some random thread when I said he left because of all the nasty jibes towards him, that was my opinion, thought it was obvious since all could see it :)

Can pin it on me if you want, I don't really care, if it will stop the bickering for once :D To be fair, I've kept in touch with Shaun outside the forum and was telling him not to neglect his automation work etc, always felt his advice was underappreciated by most all the newbies, he's given way too much to the forum and usually first one to give advice, so I'm glad he took a break to work on his other projects. Forum is only a forum, people are free to come and go, and aren't obligated to share anything :)
I was trying to be positive. I followed the post Dallas made & if I've said anything that wasn't true to him or helpful then I'd be happy to be pulled up.

Not the case though was it. Someone swings, I'll swing back... 2 people suddenly decided to be commentators. I didn’t ask anyone to get involved or carry on the drama. You participated voluntarily.

Reminds me of LeTiss yesterday "I'm not on this forum to listen to this vile...."

The only thing he's listening to is the voice in his own head while he's reading... then his participation was his choice.
LeTiss

Seriously James, are you well?

I don't recall you being so angry and confrontational before
jamesg46

Kai wrote:

jamesg46 wrote:

This isn't about old drama, Derek decided to bring SB up. While we're on about it though the guy was a liar, he flat out lied & painted a picture that remains to this day, obviously (which was what I was referring to Derek). I apologised for my behaviour but some clearly can't let it go.
Anbell

Someone swings, I'll swing back...
Everyone here is asking you to stop swinging back. Just don't do it.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”