In running bot.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
8ballprowler

My idea for a horse racing in running bet is a follows.

I want to close a trade after successfully matching a back bet.

Back bet successfully matched by going in at 1.01 and being matched at the best back price of let's say 4.1 after a 3 tick drop in 2 seconds. This bit of the trade I understand (relative historical odds).

Can I use global settings to achieve 2 tick profit for example? Or is global settings not possible due to going in at 1.01?

If global not possible. How do I close the trade for a 2 or more ticks profit please anyone?

Thanks in advance.
Neil.
ODPaul82

Not sure if you're putting in at 1.01 to guarantee yourself the best price but for the 2 ticks you need to have bet set as an offset bet set to 2 ticks.

Note that if you're not matched on the back, the lay bet will still go into the market and even if your back does get matched there's no guarantee that the lay will get matched as well.
Tuco

8ballprowler wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:25 pm
Back bet successfully matched by going in at 1.01 and being matched at the best back price of let's say 4.1 after a 3 tick drop in 2 seconds.
...firing in at 1.01 in-play is a quick way to the poor house unless it's a dead cert - be careful of that as with the in-play delay you could easily be matched only at 1.01 - it's only a matter of time until that happens.
8ballprowler

Thanks guys.

Neil.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”