Newbie questions - Mac user

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
ForrestJump

Hello!

New user here, I'm running Betangel Pro on a mac using parallels. So far I'm amazed at the power of this app!

Q1:
I have the mac version of excel (bought a one off license instead of the subscription). I'm suspecting if I want to use the excel integration I need to use the windows version of excel? Are the apps talking to eachother somehow or are they just reading and writing to the same file?

Q2:
I've noticed betfair sells historical data. I cant access that since it says I have to log in from UK. Has anyone outside of UK been able to buy access to that data via betfair and if so how?
Euler

Q1, yes you would need to run than via Parallels but it works fine on there. I don't know what version of Parallels you have bought, but if you run it via Coherence, if available, Bet Angel will more or less looks like it is running as a Mac app. It's almost impossible to tell the difference.

If you run Excel via the same method is shares resources and file types so you can use Excel as a native or non native application.

Q2, I'm not sure, but I don't think Betfair limit the data by geography.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”