Stop Loss Not Taken

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
leest2019

Just had a stop loss not taken on Bet Angel ladder. It gave the audio signal that it had been taken so I relaxed only to see my loss go from £3.99 all the way to £20! Instead of doing something about it I just looked at it thinking this can't be right.

I know this can happen (viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18245&p=179452&hil ... ss#p179452) and it's my own fault for not putting in safety measures.In the matched bet section there is no mention of the stop loss bet being matched (of course). In the Log section for the race it does say that the stop loss was put on at the price and amount requested. I guess it would still show in the log even if it wasn't matched?

Also , I want the stop loss to trigger at a certain price but for the amount to change as I trade in play. EG, I place an initial lay bet on a horse @ 21 with a £1 ( £20 liability). I then put a manual stop loss (by right clicking the mouse) on the price I want the stop loss to trigger at. Usually around the 4.2 mark for a £4 loss. As I trade in play, removing my liability as the price moves, the £4 loss at 4.2 decreases. How do I use the stop loss servants mentioned to decrease the loss accordingly. I know the idea of the stop loss is to trigger and keep triggering if it shoots through my initial stop loss so it doesn't need to be exact. Wondered how I can have the loss decrease as I trade instead of just using the preset stake used when place the servant bet.

I can have a play around with it, just wondered if anyone knows a way.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”