bot builder recommendation

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
ODPaul82

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:18 am
Go easy on my code fragment Paul, my code comes straight from the days when manuals were elaboratly illustrated by monks. No joke, my first program was on punched card, using a teletype machine and a phone linked to a computer 20 miles away to run it on. And they say cloud computing is new.
It's not that bad to be fair, the fact that you used named ranges is better than 90%!
Although you didn't declare SourceSheet so it's defined as a variant rather than a string
There's no need to use Call before a routine, that was discontinued about 20 years ago, you're showing your punchcard age :lol:

Worksheets I tend to declare the reference to them and am super explicit that its an Excel worksheet rather than using Sheets for example

Code: Select all

Dim objWs as Excel.Worksheet
Set objWs = Thisworkbook.worksheets("Bet Angel")
paspuggie48

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:18 am
ODPaul82 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:28 pm
My one bit of advice is ...
Go easy on my code fragment Paul, my code comes straight from the days when manuals were elaboratly illustrated by monks. No joke, my first program was on punched card, using a teletype machine and a phone linked to a computer 20 miles away to run it on. And they say cloud computing is new.
I thought when I first saw a BBC Computer using Basic at the age of 16 was ancient stuff but yours beats that LOL. I recall the days of writing:
5 Goto Line 10
10 Type "Hello"
20 Goto Line 5

....and watch in amazement as it filled the screen :D

Here is the beast > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15969065
ODPaul82

First chance I had at a BBC Micro was when I was 6-7
Taught myself basic on that, then got an Atari XL 800 and thought me copying out code snippets from the magazines and getting them to work I was the lord almighty himeself.

Moved onto the Amiga 500 where I learnt C at about the age of 11-12 for the Motorola 6800 chip
Followed by assembler on the first generation PCs that had come out about 5-6 years beforehand (I started on MS Dos 3.0 so they had been about a few years, this was before the x86 architecture)

The fact I was learning C & assembler at 11-12 should have indicated to me earlier that I was a touch on the spectrum.

These days most of what I do in day job via VBA is connect to Oracle via ODBC connections to our local DBs and via HTTP to our cloud options, trigger some SQL and go and make myself a brew.
lotora

I am looking for an easy way to analyze my Betfair Profit/Loss from UK/Australian horse racing and greyhound. I suppose it makes most sense to do it through Excel. Since I don't know much about Excel I want a very simple way to do it. I want to filter the results by at least country/type of race/odds. If you would like to help me out, when can you have it done and how much will it cost?

(Have also been in contact with [email protected], but for the last 2 months he has been too busy)
ShaunWhite

lotora wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:35 pm
I am looking for an easy way to analyze my Betfair Profit/Loss from UK/Australian horse racing and greyhound. I suppose it makes most sense to do it through Excel. Since I don't know much about Excel I want a very simple way to do it. I want to filter the results by at least country/type of race/odds. If you would like to help me out, when can you have it done and how much will it cost?

(Have also been in contact with [email protected], but for the last 2 months he has been too busy)
https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?p ... ce&src=ukw

Much faster, and free. Spend 20-30mins a day on your personal development and in a few weeks you'll have a useful new skill.
foxwood

lotora wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=258783#p258783

v3.3.5 is I think the latest version - might be worth a look
lotora

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:39 pm
lotora wrote:

https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?p ... ce&src=ukw

Much faster, and free. Spend 20-30mins a day on your personal development and in a few weeks you'll have a useful new skill.
You got me! :D
lotora

foxwood wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:05 pm
lotora wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=258783#p258783

v3.3.5 is I think the latest version - might be worth a look
Thanks! Just what I was looking for

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”