bot builder recommendation

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
phungdao

hi peeps just a quick post to recommend a bot builder for anyone asking,(his email address is [email protected])
absolute top bloke ,can customise your bot plus more solution used his service many times because not enough knowledge with excell or programming ,price is absolutely decent ,highly reccomended
ShaunWhite

phungdao wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:57 pm
hi peeps just a quick post to recommend a bot builder for anyone asking,(his email address is [email protected])
absolute top bloke ,can customise your bot plus more solution used his service many times because not enough knowledge with excell or programming ,price is absolutely decent ,highly reccomended
Anyone planning on doing this long term should probably set aside a couple of weeks to learn the skills they need for the method they've chosen. You can get a lot of learning done in 80hrs if you break it down into 80 small steps and 2 weeks out of a year is nothing.

Interesting though, getting people to send you ideas with a fiver attached is a cunning move.
Derek27

A recommendation is only as reliable as the person recommending. ;)
jamesg46

I've got something that needs doing so I'll email the guy & see what comes of it. Thanks for posting.
Kai

That's a good point, must be nice being a Professional Bot Builder :)

People will first pitch you ideas for free, similar to how they do on the forum, and if any of the ideas are actually good they'll then pay you for the licence to steal that idea. And then of course you can send the customer a crappier version of the bot while you keep the good one for yourself and everyone is happy 👍

Never really got behind that whole concept :lol: With manual trading you at least have the full freedom to properly discuss it privately. And those devoid of any auto ideas can simply hang around the forum auto section for a few months.

Could this be why botters still lurk around on the forum, even ones that have seemingly left 🤔

Could one man's trash be another man's bot????

jamesg46

I'm not after a bot but I would appreciate somone who has experience with Guardian & Excel. Someone who knows both is hard to find outiside of the trading world. Plenty of good developers in each field but maybe more limited when it comes to both.

When BA gave us the option to export to CSV it opened up many more doors & there is something I've wanted for some time now but not for a lack of trying I just don't have the skills required & I wouldn't be arsed if everyone had it.
sniffer66

This is why I like the idea of creating plug-ins/snippets for use in a bot, rather than giving away an entire strategy

I've created a few myself that have hopefully helped people, but without losing my edge or them having to expose theirs.
Derek27

I've mentioned this before. If you're paying somebody to create a bot for you, you don't have to give them the details. It doesn't have to be hard-coded. Just ask for a control panel where you can set your own parameters, entry points, exit points, conditions, etc.
Archery1969

Send me your ideas and strategies, i will get them coded for £0.99p each by that bald bloke down under. Can't remember his name. :lol:
The Silk Run

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:04 pm
Send me your ideas and strategies, i will get them coded for £0.99p each by that bald bloke down under. Can't remember his name. :lol:
Dex :lol:
Kai

You may get genuine short term help for a few pieces of auto but what about the potentially 20 auto projects further down the line? Going to need an army of coders and various bot repair services.

Surely it is infinitely better long term to invest in yourself and slowly build this skillset properly if you want to go down this road, this journey alone will generate more potential projects on its own as well.
jamesg46

Because I want it now :lol: not in 4 years time. I personally am always looking to improve my knowlege, using both Excel & Python but what I want now wouldn't bother me if it was main stream... I'm not sure why it isn't already tbh.

As for people providing automation services.... Peter approached Leecal, which suggests that he doesn't see much harm in this type of service being offered.

https://youtu.be/zn57OHlWZUg
sniffer66

There's A.N Other software provider who pretty much refuse to provide any support unless you send them your strats/files so they can take a look.

Pretty easy way to ensure you get sight of anything that might be profitable :D
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:16 pm
Because I want it now :lol:
But instant gratification will only leave you feeling empty afterwards :D And potentially your account too! :lol:

Hm, so Peter sent in his bots for some much needed repair then?? :mrgreen: Somehow I doubt that 🤔
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:29 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:16 pm
Because I want it now :lol:
But instant gratification will only leave you feeling empty afterwards :D And potentially your account too! :lol:

Hm, so Peter sent in his bots for some much needed repair then?? :mrgreen: I doubt that 🤔
I'm not after something that will trade for me, I'm after something more aimed towards data collection.

A few years back I'd never really used Excel, now I'm not too shabby but it's been progressive & what I want is way above my pay grade but a skill I'll still work towards regardless.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”