Offset betting on Guardian

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
goldfinch77

Hi Guys, been on here everyday for last 9 months, still a very newbie !

can someone please advise on the offset bet.

I have an auto rule to place a back bet on a horse 15secs before the off with an "offset bet with greening " set at 20%.

I have also set a rule to keep all unmatched bets.

When the bet goes in it automatically shows the unmatched bet (20%) however as soon as it goes in play the offset disappears and the hedge is not carried out.

I read up on this in the current manual and I cannot understand what else I need to, any help would be appreciated.

Goldfinch
ANGELS15

goldfinch77 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:21 pm

I have an auto rule to place a back bet on a horse 15secs before the off with an "offset bet with greening " set at 20%.

When the bet goes in it automatically shows the unmatched bet (20%) however as soon as it goes in play the offset disappears and the hedge is not carried out.

I read up on this in the current manual and I cannot understand what else I need to, any help would be appreciated.

Goldfinch
You need to add the rule ' keep all bets'. Maybe arm the rule 15 seconds before the official off time.
ANGELS15

ANGELS15 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:48 pm
goldfinch77 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:21 pm

Goldfinch
You need to add the rule ' keep all bets'. Maybe arm the rule 15 seconds before the official off time.
More Precisely 'keep all unmatched bets'.
goldfinch77

Hi thanks, yes I have done that, is there anything I need to do with the kill or fill bit ?

Goldfinch
ANGELS15

goldfinch77 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:30 pm
Hi thanks, yes I have done that, is there anything I need to do with the kill or fill bit ?

Goldfinch
My apologies you did state that you kept the unmatched bets. Ok a few suggestions pending perhaps one of the experts seeing this and replying (I should be an expert as I do this type of automation daily):

1) You could have a look at the shared files section as there are automation bots there that do exactly as you're trying to achieve. You could compare the file from the shared files with yours and spot any mistakes.

2) Alternatively have a quick look on Youtube where Peter creates a bot that does exactly what you're trying to do. You need to search under 'Trading on Betfair using Bet Angel automation - Front runner bot'. Again you would spot any obvious mistakes. Try creating the bot exactly as he does.

3) Fill or kill shouldn't really matter for this as you want to keep the bets.

4) You could also post your automation on here so other members could look at it but to be honest doing the other suggestions should quickly resolve it for you this day.
goldfinch77

Hi All, I managed to sus it out !

I did set the "keep all unmatched bets"

And I did set to arm 15 secs before play.

What I did WRONG was to set the condition as NOT IN PLAY as 15 secs is just that ! thats why as soon as went in play it was canx.

I deleted the condition and all is OK now....Phew

many thanks for your suggestions.

Goldfinch
ANGELS15

goldfinch77 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:30 pm
Hi All, I managed to sus it out !

I did set the "keep all unmatched bets"

And I did set to arm 15 secs before play.

What I did WRONG was to set the condition as NOT IN PLAY as 15 secs is just that ! thats why as soon as went in play it was canx.

I deleted the condition and all is OK now....Phew

many thanks for your suggestions.

Goldfinch
Glad it worked out ok.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”