I can't get automations to work

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
craignmoss

Hi,

I'm on a 14 day trial with Bet Angel, I'm interested in it due to the automation but I just can't get anything to work. I've tried 4 times, three with templates and one that I tried to build myself but no bets are ever placed (I picked lay the draw because it was guaranteed to trigger). Take the PSG vs Man City game for example, on my Guardian home page the match is shown, the 'Automations Rule 1' is populated but no bet has been placed. It should be placing a back bet 5 minutes before kick-off (I cross-checked the file with Peter's video). I suspect it's something really simple that I'm doing wrong, can anyone give me some guidance on what it might be?

Thanks,

Craig
Dallas

If you have a lot of markets in Guardian its likely your refresh rate being to slow, this post explains this in more detail
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491

Also double check your PC clock is set to the right time, Bet Angel uses this so if this is out even slightly it can effect your rules triggering
craignmoss

Thanks Dallas, unfortunately, that's not it, I've only been loading one at a time (although that's good too know for future because I was going to add around 20 over a Saturday). The PSG game is still in there, the rules still shows and the log is showing the market suspending and unsuspending. One thing I did consider is that my rule is in 'Automations Rule 1', I also see a colum next to it (automation nominated selection 1) which I've left blank. Is that correct?

If so, can you link me through to a beginners guide (video preferably) so I can give it another shot?

Thanks,

Craig
Dallas

Just one last thing to check first, have you disabled the 'Bet Confirmation' box?
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/bef ... ading.html

That could be popping up but being hid behind Guardian
craignmoss

The box was ticked! Thanks Dallas, I'll try this again and see what happens.

Regards,

Craig
craignmoss

Hey Dallas, it still hasn't worked (I tried on the Barcelona game). It must be a setting somewhere, is there a video I can watch on how to set the software up? Not the automations because I'm importing them, more around general settings?
Dallas

craignmoss wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:08 pm
Hey Dallas, it still hasn't worked (I tried on the Barcelona game). It must be a setting somewhere, is there a video I can watch on how to set the software up? Not the automations because I'm importing them, more around general settings?
Did you re-save your settings after unticking it yesterday?
or untick it again today before you applied the rules?

If not then it'll be wanting you to confirm the bets again (and be stopping the rules triggering)
craignmoss

That's exactly it Dallas, I saved the main setting but it defaulted back. I've just done it again and it's worked! Thanks again for all your help, now the easy bit is over I've got to try and program my own automation :D

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”